Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Dad's '69 Chevelle SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Thanks a lot for all of your kind words. It's nice to be a member here and share this with you.
I learned to drive stick in this car, pretty much by myself. My step-dad rode with me and just kind of let me know a few things, but it was rough! lol I truly enjoy driving the car now. I go to local cruise nights occasionally around my house and people are usually very shocked to learn that it's mine. I'd rather live in a shack and keep the car, then get rid of it ever! lol

Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM

Awesome car! Thanks for sharing the story of it with us. It's never easy to re-live the loss of someone so close, especially when it happened way too soon so it means even more to me that you feel close enough to everyone here to share!

His car IS family, you can no better sell a family member (though there may be a few you would like to) then to let that car go live in another person's garage. It should be and obviously is cherished and enjoyed!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep
And I'm very sorry to hear about the unfortunate events that have happened leading up to owning the car, but it is a gorgeous car, and keeping it around and in great shape is the best tribute you can possibly do for your father.
Totally agree with that and I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I know that's one of my biggest fears is losing one of my parents while i'm away at college. But its an absolutely gorgeous car with great meaning to it and at least you will always have that major and important part of your dad with you and enjoy it as your dad would have wanted i'm sorry i wanna say more to comfort you and all but idk what to say

Old 09-25-2009, 11:44 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yep, thats definitly one of them right there!! So was that your dad's dream car, or just a good deal he found? Either wya, I'm sure he loved that!! It must be great driving a 396 powered classic Chevrolet.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Totally agree with that and I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I know that's one of my biggest fears is losing one of my parents while i'm away at college. But its an absolutely gorgeous car with great meaning to it and at least you will always have that major and important part of your dad with you and enjoy it as your dad would have wanted i'm sorry i wanna say more to comfort you and all but idk what to say
You don't have to say anything. I'm OK. I went away to school too and he passed ON Thanksgiving... So yeah, that really sucks, but at least I was home.
Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Yep, thats definitly one of them right there!! So was that your dad's dream car, or just a good deal he found? Either wya, I'm sure he loved that!! It must be great driving a 396 powered classic Chevrolet.
He actually really wanted a ChevyII more, but when he saw this one at a cruise night he just didn't leave it. The guy said he was looking at getting a GTO to restore and if he found one he'd call my dad and sell him the car. Well my dad called him about 3-4 times a week to see how his search for the GTO was going and then once he found one, my dad picked it up. I don't know what it was, but he just fell in love with this car when he saw it. Financially, he really shouldn't have bought it, but I'm definitely glad he did.