Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>Could you `Ride this Hog ?<

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question >Could you `Ride this Hog ?<

Hi Member's,
There's many big hogs in Florida
(especially during Bike Week) >
I've been Hog Hunting b-4, but never seen one
this big 4-Sure

WoW

Has any member went Hog Hunting before.
They are good eating `if you know how to prepare them.
=================================================
Hunter bags 500-pound boar you have to see to believe

'It takes your breath away for a second to realize how big this hog is,' hunting club owner says

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News
Senior Media Editor
By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News | Yahoo News – 2 hrs 57 mins ago

Jett Webb with the 500-pound boar he caught last month. (White Oak Ranch Hunting Club)

It doesn't even look real.
A hunter in North Carolina says he bagged a 500-pound wild pig last month.
Jett Webb, a 34-year-old from Conetoe, N.C., was hunting boar at the White Oak Ranch Hunting Club in Bertie County on Feb. 28 when he spotted the giant swine.
"It was very surreal,” Webb told WNCT-TV. “It was a shock. It was very humbling to say the least, when you walk up on a beast that big and you say, 'Oh my gosh. I had no idea that there could be something that big running around the woods of Eastern North Carolina.’"
The beast had been seen on trail camera footage years ago, but hunters had failed to capture it until Webb, who says he fired a single shot from a .308-caliber AR-15 rifle from about 50 yards, took it down.
"The Mohawk down the back, the tusks really lean, the muscular big front end," Webb said. "This is far from a domesticated docile pig that we're used to."
Mike Mansell, the president of the club, said while the boar population is invasive, the sheer size of the pig Webb nabbed is rare.
“It takes your breath away for a second to realize how big this hog is,” Mansell said. “It took up the entire bed of the pickup truck."
But while it's big, it's certainly not the largest boar ever bagged. In 2005, a guide at a hunting club in Alapaha, Ga., shot and killed an 800-pound hog known by locals as Hogzilla. The pursuit was the subject of a National Geographic documentary.
It also wasn't Webb's first big boar.
In 2012, he caught "a similar-sized" pig that's mounted on a wall of the White Oak Ranch Hunting Club. But this one won't be.
"We’re not going to waste anything,” Webb said. “That pig will provide food for me and my family for a good year."

Old 03-13-2014, 12:17 PM
Talking "2 ride or not 2 ride>That the ?" 4-$ure

I'd prefer to ride this `Hog

They both would be dangerous
I love bikes, but I'm 2 crazy on them.
My brain keeps on saying 2 me = Faster >Faster =
There's some beautiful bikes down for Bike Week
in Daytona.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Well that definitely is a big hog, the wife and I used to watch the show American Hoggers but never saw them take down one quite that big
This is what my last "Hog" looked like that I used to ride

I changed the exhaust, and removed the windshield and put on a set of drag bar with an 8 inch pulled back rise, as well as a few other chrome accessories. I used to love riding it

Old 03-15-2014, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by ohara
Well that definitely is a big hog, the wife and I used to watch the show American Hoggers but never saw them take down one quite that big
This is what my last "Hog" looked like that I used to ride

I changed the exhaust, and removed the windshield and put on a set of drag bar with an 8 inch pulled back rise, as well as a few other chrome accessories. I used to love riding it

Hi `Ken,
Thanks for your post & sharing your Super Super Harley 4-Sure. I like what you did to it I love bikes, but I seem to lose my common sense when I ride one. Harley have one of the best sounds on the road.

Old 03-15-2014, 02:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ha! I had passed on this thread a few times cuz I'm not that interested in Harley's and the like. So the read wasn't what I was expecting. Crazy story tho - unbelievable! How the heck you getting that pig home? Lot of bacon...

Old 03-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't think I would want to ride that hog.