Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

City of Detroit Bankrupt

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Did you people in Michigan know that. The Detroit school board took LIMO"S to & from work everyday WTF! They had for yrs the biggest crooks running the city. Then when they got a guy in there that was going to do the job. His own people voted him out! WHY ? Because he was taking away their freebie's and making them go back to work! I hope they do go bankrupt! Get someone in there that will clean that city up. I grew up in Detroit and loved it. But moved out the west side when we got married. I wouldn't take my family there to show them where they grew up. Because of all the crime and how run down it is now days!

Old 07-26-2013, 09:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Limo thing was on the news the other day!

Its Detroits B-Day...

They were asking the public...
What would you get the D for its B day...and they got all kinda weird answers... They were asking the people that live there... No wonder there answers were messed up! Mike Duggan would be the perfect Candidate to fix it up!

Wanna know what I would get the city of Detroit for its Bday!

Id get it a bull dozer! and an Asphalt Paver Machine!
Push it all flat and turn it into a parking lot! Happy B-Day Detroit!

Then Id take all the city official crooks....
Put them on Belle Isle.... and SINK IT!

Old 07-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Angry We are going backwards & that's not Good 4 `all

Hi `Rick, Mod `Daivd & Members, It's a very sad story 4-Sure ...
It's just not Detroit , it's many American Cities & States...
Our country has some major problems & poor leadership

I hope we wake up & get our act together, because it's not getting better & they keep playing these deceptive number games with our major problems.

I wish our country would concentrate on our country & stop going to other countries & helping them. I honestly believe that we should take care of our home first, before we go to other countries & tell them how to live.

Lead by example & not by force. I'm not saying that we should not have the best Defense & Military, but we should use our funds to clean up America & make it a safe place to live...I see to many Americans living in fear...I see to many getting guns that don't have training, but get them out of fear...

I wish we lived in a country that you could walk anywhere and feel safe > that is not the case for sure I find that very sad I could write volumes on this subject & fill our forum with my frustrations.

I pray that people wake `up & get involved & demand honest representative/leaders to bring our country back to where it should `be....I hope & pray 4-Sure....
Peace/Out > That's `all 4 now, my mind is tired & I must return to work, so I can pay my taxes + + +
Oh, What are you (reading this) doing to make it better ?
(I shall return to read)

• Bankrupt Cities, Municipalities List and Map - Governing

<cite style="color: rgb(0, 153, 51); font-size: 14px !important; font-style: normal;">www.governing.com/.../municipal-cities-counties-bankruptcies-and-defa...</cite>‎

UPDATED: July 18, 2013. Many local governments across the U.S. face steep budget deficits as they struggle ... is under receivership after nearly going bankrupt, is the second municipality or state to get charged with securities fraud this year. ... Stockton, California'sDebt Problems May Set Precedent; How Stockton's story ...

Last edited by Space; 07-26-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now they have that stupid Mike Dugean thing now for the mayor elections; the legitimate Mike Duggan and now this other random Detroit citizen Mike Dugean. A coincidence because Dugean has never voted in any previous election. Obviously pressured into it because some random guy just doesn't wake up one morning and decide to run for mayor. Such a joke. Can't have anything fair in Detroit, always has to be some sort of b.s. going on; typical. Not a surprise the City is bankrupt and it obviously doesn't look like anything is going to change anytime soon.

Duggan vs. Dugean write-in candidates article > http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...RO01/307250100

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 07-26-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:30 AM

Hi Matt, why don't you move to the city & run for election ?

I'm sure with the right honest leadership that Detroit could turn around & `be the great city it once was ? You could hire Rick(SS) as your enforcer If we can rebuild cities around our world, maybe we can declare `War on Detroit & have our troops go in & clean up the bad ?
I'd approve of that use of my tax dollars...

MCF MATT 4 Mayor of Detroit