Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Can't wait for summer

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 06:09 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 604SS
Like a flock of birds looking for a clean car. Never fails.....clean it up and bad weather rolls in. Soon we'll be cutting grass three times a week and complaining how hot it is praying for rain.
That's right. We hate the cold. Always freezing, can't have fun with your car, frost bite, doors frozen shut, etc.

So why don't we move where it's warmer? It's too hot. Sweating all the time, hard to breathe. Basically, we want to live in a mall. Where the temperature is always the same.

Old 03-27-2013, 06:18 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Anyone remember the tornado outbreak in southern Michigan last year around this time? I was on my way home from work that day and drove right into a hail storm on the leading edge of one of those cells that had an F3 tornado down at the time. I was on the highway and pulled off onto the shoulder because the hail stones were so effing loud. My cowl looked like winter. Those stones must have gotten to be dime size, I was freaking out! Luckily not big enough to do any damage to the car.
Reminds me of the first year I owned my monte.

I could see the storm front coming. I was hoping to make it home before it started coming down. Or at least find some kind of cover. Coin-op car washes are great for that. But I couldn't find anything. As I hit the leading edge of the storm, hail starts coming down hitting my car. I pulled into a hotel parking lot and went to the side of the building that was getting the least amount of hail. They didn't have a canopy or anything with a roof. I sat in the car for what seemed like an eternity. Listening and watching hail bounce off my Monte. I was cringing the whole time. Half expecting my sunroof to be damaged. But the whole time I was thinking, I just bought the car and it's going to be written off by hail damage.