Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Bans, bans, and bans

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 01:52 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with the no children in restaurants one. At least stick them outside with the smokers.

If there were no cheerleader uniforms in my high school, I would have paid more attention in class, but had a much more boring time.

Old 12-13-2011, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I should ban you for complaining about this.
Win!

(I couldn't just post 'Win!' message was too short, therefor I will say thanks Mike for the help with the CAI and PCM, took me a while but I got it...)

Old 12-13-2011, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Some of the bans make sense such as the baggy jeans and the elective C-sections. As far as the baggy jeans thing I have seen guys walking around here with the jeans waistline half way between the knees and the waist. First off I don't want to look at someone elses underwear. Secondly it isn't practical from any stand point.
I disagree!!! I think it should be changed from baggy pants to no sagging pants! Nothing is wrong with baggy pants at all. Do you see clowns sag? They have baggy pants!!! They should be more specific about it. Stuff like that grind my gears...

Old 12-13-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Snyderman
I wholeheartedly agree with the no children in restaurants one. At least stick them outside with the smokers.

If there were no cheerleader uniforms in my high school, I would have paid more attention in class, but had a much more boring time.
Lol at the baby part. No cheerleader uniforms in high school??? You are almost grown! When I was in high school (2 years ago) they couldnt tell me anything because I was 18 my senior year (started late). I wish a teacher would treat me like a child, pssh

Old 12-13-2011, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Snyderman

I hope the first statement is a joke.
If not, thats very idiotic to say.

Last edited by Jomao_o; 12-13-2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: poor spelling
Old 12-13-2011, 05:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by DRuben
I disagree!!! I think it should be changed from baggy pants to no sagging pants! Nothing is wrong with baggy pants at all. Do you see clowns sag? They have baggy pants!!! They should be more specific about it. Stuff like that grind my gears...
Good point! Even though I think everyone knows what was meant by "baggy jeans", you have a point. Baggy and saggy are two different items.

At least the point is the same (as you were bring out), the world doesn't want to see your undies..... At least I don't.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't think cameras should be allowed in the delivery room for births. There's just some things you don't want on video. Even if it's only meant for the parent's viewing. It's way too easy for videos to end up on the internet. And once on the net, it'll be viewed mostly by creeps into fetishes. Plus, I wouldn't want my idiot friends watching a video of my mom giving birth to my brother/sister.

Banning brown bag lunches is bullsh*t. Obvious ploy by the school to make more money by forcing kids to buy school lunches. Besides, what if tomorrow's special is something I don't like? Don't want the school's offering, and I can't bring my lunch either. Suppose I could go to the fast food restaurant across the street. But the more important issue here is the cost. Some families, especially families with multiple kids, can't afford to be giving each kid $5 or so per day to buy lunch.

Banning cheerleading uniforms in class? I see this as a blatant double standard. Ban the uniform from class because it's too sexy and distracting. And might encourage males to do something they'll regret. (I'm sure you know what I mean). But apparantly in the school gym or on the field, the sexier - the better. The school suddenly wants these girls to show as much T&A as possible. And of course, most cheerleading squads encourage girls to get implants. Not officially of course. But the girls with the bigger ***** are gonna get selected. Now don't get me wrong. I like the idea of cheerleaders. After all, I am a guy. But what I'm saying is this: If the cheerleading uniform is appropriate enough for them to wear during the game, it should be appropriate enough for the classroom too. If it's not, then maybe the school's administration should consider changing the uniform. Otherwise, let them wear it. I'd be more interested in going to calculus class if I knew "what's her name" was going to be there in her cheerleader outfit.

Old 12-13-2011, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
I hope the first statement is a joke.
If not, thats very idiotic to say.
I wont be seen swearing during the big bear jamboree at chuck e cheese, so why do i have to hear them screaming during my italiano authentico at the olive garden?

Old 12-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If it's a high class restaurant, I'd say no kids. But if I'm going to a place that is marketted as a "family restaurant", I should expect it to have families.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with Taz on both posts #17 and #19. Well put.

Quick Reply: Bans, bans, and bans