Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Anyone carry? Need opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by milrlyt
I need some experienced opinions

I'm 21 in a few months, and I can't wait to get my CHL. I want a 9mm and nothing else. I've been looking at the Kel-Tec PF9, which is my favorite so far because of its relatively low price and the fact that it's thinner and smaller than a lot of other guns, like the Glock, and that's what I need, since I'm a relatively small girl at 5'2" and trying to conceal something like a Glock 26 just isn't going to work. I really wanted a Glock, and I love how they shoot and their impeccable reliability, but as far as carrying size just isn't practical for me. Too bulky to fit on my little frame.

However, I'd rather have more than one option to consider over the next couple months. I've checked out the Kahr PM9, but I think the stainless steel slide is rather ugly and its size is a bit too big to hide compared to the Kel Tec. I like that the Kel Tec is thin and small, but big enough to still feel like you're actually shooting a real gun and not a miniature water gun. The problem with the Kel Tec is that the mag release is known to jam and wear out after some use, which is its only downside, but a pretty significant one in the wrong moment.

So, can any experienced carriers shed some knowledge on some other good options for me? Preferably nothing over ~$500 max

I find it sad that one must consider having to carry a weapon to protect themselves in today's world, but all that someone has to do is watch the news to why it may be a reason to consider carrying a weapon..

I have a Concealed weapons permit & have a Browning 9mm that my grandfather gave me & taught me to shoot. I only carry it when I have to go into some bad area's to deliver or do pick `ups..I hope that I never have to use it, but I will to defend myself or others..

I don't have to worry to much about where I live & work at the warehouses...It's like a secure compound with security guards & dogs.. I call it the warehouse prison since I am here so much (LOL).

Below is a decent link to check out some guns & their prices.
I hope it helps you find the right one for you & I hope that you get training & go to the range often...Good Luck & I wish you & member's a safe journey in `life

Best 9mm concealed carry pistols compact handguns CCW and women
Click above link & explore

p.s. Thanks, your thread has reminder me to clean my weapon
"Please don't shoot in2 `Space"

Last edited by Space; 07-08-2012 at 08:34 AM.