Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

American Worker Being Assaulted Again

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
You saw that Robin William's movie too ,didn't you??

And that bit about air bags shoved down our throats.... that a pun intended or unintended?

Have you watched tehse debates nad figured out what you would say in those things, how you would get your words in (how many times have you heard Michelle Bachmann screaming for the moderator only to be ignored), how would you get your message out, how would you prove your background qualifies you?

Politics is a dirty subject no matter how you look at it. I think most people start out in politics as clean individuals. I just don't think people sit around, look at their friends, family, and citizesn who live along side them and say "You know what, I want to royally screw these people!" And go to WAshington....

Somewhere along the line, between trying to establish an opinion, get elected to do the good they think they can do in the first place, and trying to gain the notoriety to get their message heard, they become corrupt. I'm not convinced even Gregg could become a notorious politician without having a few dollars to get his campaign running from a major corporation. Even if you don't become notorious, you could have a voting record to stand on to show that you will do what you promise.

Have you thought about trying to run for Congress for your congressional district next year, Gregg? Start out there, get your name heard in Florida, then start trying to move you way up. Being a Congressman from Florida would give you much better standing in a debate than just some guy who worked for a rodent with kids and a yard full of Mopars! Take Ron Paul for instance. He's just a Congressman from Texas, but he can stand up and say that he beleives in balanced budgets so much that he has never voted for an unbalanced budget. There have been several votes go through where he was the only "Nay" vote. You need something to stand on besides a wooden platform you made in your backyard.

And if you need a campaign manager/advisor, I'm graduating in May.
Duane; I did not see the Robin Williams movie, however I did hear someone else say that before I used it. I can't remember who or I would have given then the credit due.
The problem with the political system now is the experience to do the job. I understand the world has gotten more complicated but we are the ones who have made it that way. The fore fathers were farmers, butchers, blacksmiths and other tradesmen. They were collectively some very intelligent men and they set up the government model we should follow. We need to return to that model. If we could have farmers and other tradesmen dealing with the countries issues back in the day we can have the same thing again today. What makes a lawyer smarter than everybody else? Nothing, he has just been trained to twist words and facts to make his point of view clear, right or wrong. We currently have a government full of lawyers. We don't need that and a law degree should not be a requirement. It is the lawyers who have complicated everything.
I don't want to run for any other office because I don't want the corruption that is in the office. I don't want to be owned by some entity that can get me elected. If the auto coma
panies want to contribute to my campaign because of what I am going to do that is fine but I'm not going to change because of it. I think the auto industry has gotten screwed and I want to right that. I also only want to run for the one office for a maximum of two terms and then let someone else finish what I start. I don't want to become a career politician.

Old 11-24-2011, 06:12 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jump on the bandwagon, Gregg!!!!

LINK: Constitutional Amendment Barring Lawyers from Elective Office

I think you would like that....

In the Robin Williams movie, he makes a bold move to get peoples attention in a debate with the other two candidates and jumps on one candidate as he begins one of his speeches by saying "Well that's ironic considering how much money you took from (names corporations.) He then begins a tirade about how all Senators should have their suits embroidered with all the corporations they take money from, all your car manufacturers, drug companies, oil companies, and on your back, you'll have your big one, "EMRON!"

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 11-24-2011 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:13 PM

Ive been working since 13. im fine with that because everything i own(monte,quads,truck,dirtbike) bought with my own money and it makes me proud to know i earned it and i think more kids should start working younger.

Old 11-25-2011, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by 04chevyboy
Ive been working since 13. im fine with that because everything i own(monte,quads,truck,dirtbike) bought with my own money and it makes me proud to know i earned it and i think more kids should start working younger.
I am glad that you are proud of your accomplishments. I however know and think that children are only children for a relatively short part of their life. I think that children should enjoy their childhood for as long as they can. If they want to earn money then they can work in the family business if applicable. They also have the options of paper routes, lawn care, lemonade stands and the such. I don't want children in the work place to be taken advantage of by unscrupulous adults which is why child labor laws came into being in the first place. Children need to focus on being children and also of their studies. Once you enter the work place you are their until retirement. Why rush it?
!

Old 11-25-2011, 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by oneslowmonte
And a seatbelt can cause commotio cordis, but I'm sure it's saved many people from flying through windshields. No safety apparatus is perfect, I think people are focusing in on the wrong thing here hahaha, no offense
My focus is on the ability to choose. If you want air bags in your car that should be your choice. If you don't want air bags that should also be your choice. The same applies to seat belt use. As far as air bags are concerned: NASCAR is as controlled an environment as one can get. After the death of Dale Earnhardt NASCAR looked at their car design and the safety devices. They reengineered the race car and added mandatory Hans devices along with the five point racing harness seat belt. If air bags were that great they would have been mandated into stock cars. I am not really debating the effectiveness of air bags as I am debating the ability to choose that safety device. Personal freedoms!

Old 11-25-2011, 05:16 AM
Default Air Bag Thread : )

* Notice: Adult Content Below *
Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
My focus is on the ability to choose. If you want air bags in your car that should be your choice. If you don't want air bags that should also be your choice. The same applies to seat belt use. As far as air bags are concerned: NASCAR is as controlled an environment as one can get. After the death of Dale Earnhardt NASCAR looked at their car design and the safety devices. They reengineered the race car and added mandatory Hans devices along with the five point racing harness seat belt. If air bags were that great they would have been mandated into stock cars. I am not really debating the effectiveness of air bags as I am debating the ability to choose that safety device. Personal freedoms!

Hi Gregg, & thanks for creating all the activity on the MCF
and for all the Air Bags out there.
I believe that we do have the abilitiy to choose & still
have our personal freedoms.
You have the freedom to build your own NASCAR for
the street, it's your choice.

I like airbags

I think everyone should have airbags & should not remove them....
------------------------------------------------

I love air bags

They reengineered the race car and added mandatory Hans devices along with the five point racing harness seat belt.-Gregg-

Above has been a MCF Entertainment Post to keep

things light & fun...Thanks everyone for your
contributions/thoughts & opinions
MCF Rule #2
2. While debating and discussion is fine, `Respect your fellow enthusiasts. Being of a diverse background, members are likely to express different opinions, and while opinions may differ from yours, they are just that, opinions; and everyone is entitled to express theirs freely. We will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, or personal attacks. Do not flame, bother, bug, disrespect, hound or taunt ANYONE on the forums or through private messaging or chat room. If we feel a thread is getting out of hand we will close or delete it. You can/will lose your posting privileges if you continue this type of behavior.
Thanks Member's for complying
* KidSpace has been put in "Time`Out" for his behavior/posts/pic's : (

Last edited by Space; 11-25-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 07:14 AM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
If air bags were that great they would have been mandated into stock cars. I am not really debating the effectiveness of air bags as I am debating the ability to choose that safety device. Personal freedoms!

And I can see the broadcasts in my mind now if we did have airbags......

"DALE JR IS HEADED DOWN PIT ROAD, he was bump drafting team mate Jimmie Johnson and set off the air bag in his number 88 National Guard Amp Energy Chevrolet, a costly bad break for Dale Jr. today at Talladega....

Or.....

"AND JEFF GORDON GETS A DARLINGTON STRIPE!!! AND NOW HE'S IN THE WALL HARDER!!! THE AIR BAG DEPLOYED IN THIS CAR AND HE CAN'T SEE!!!! MULTIPLE CARS INVOLVED!!!! And all of this started when Jeff Gordon got a little loose, caught the turn 2 wall with his quarter fender just ever so slightly, should have been able to continue on, but the air bags went off in his #24 Dupont Chevrolet, and this will end several great contenders day here today.....

Old 11-25-2011, 07:25 AM

LOL ~ LOL `Duane ~> LOL
Thank you much, I needed a good laugh this morning ~> That was funny LOL Wish you & reader's a Happy Day 4-Sure

Old 11-25-2011, 05:13 PM

Space; now those are some air bags I could endorse. I also love the bumpers and the curves are awesome.

Duane that is just funny. I've got the day after scenario for you. Jeff Gordon dealing with the insurance adjuster. Follow along as we now listen to Jeff Gordon talking to the Allstate insurance adjuster concerning the collision damage sustained to the #24 Dupont Chevrolet during the Talladeaga 500. Insurance adjuster: "well Mr. GordonN exactly how did this damage occur?". Jeff Gordon: " well the #24 Dupont Chevrolet was coming hard into turn three drafting my partner the # 48 Lowes Chevrolet when all of a sudden the #88 National Guard Amp Chevrolet driven by my other partner Dale Earnhart Jr. Drifted up along side of me and took the air off of my spoiler. The #24 Dupont Chevrolet got loose and drifted up the track, scrapped the wall. We then blew the right rear Goodyear tire which shredded the quarter panel. We then spun out and slid across the track and came to rest along the inside wall which messed up the front bumper, both front fenders, the hood, and that is when the air bags deployed. Insurance Adjuster:Mr. Gordon I am glad that you didn't sustain any injuries. I would encourage you not to drive so fast and as close to other cars in the future. We will have to examine the risk factor here and there will probably be a rate increase in your future. Now as far as your car is concerned, I have done the damage estimate and the airbags and the airbag sensors have put this over the 60 percent threshold. We are going to total your car and send it to the salvage auction. Jeff Gordon: You can't total the #24 Dupont Chevrolet. This car has won the Daytona 500 and the Pepsi 400 twice and it has been real competitive here at Talladega. We have to fix this car. Insurance adjuster: Mr. Gordon I can understand your compasion over your car, but a rule is a rule. We will be picking it up tomorrow. The Insurance Adjuster walks away, Jeff Gordon stands there talking to himself and curses Dale Jr. LOL

Old 11-25-2011, 10:18 PM

5 Year Member

And you just know at some point in there, the OnStar people have to chime in and tell you how they've already contacted 911.

Quick Reply: American Worker Being Assaulted Again