Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

American Worker Being Assaulted Again

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Default American Worker Being Assaulted Again

If Free Trade Agreements and new technologies are not bad enough to deal with in eliminating American jobs, this one takes the cake! I heard on the news this morning that Newt Gingrich wants to revise the child labor laws. He wants children to work in low income areas to teach them a good work ethic. He says that children can work as janitors in their low income schools. If the politicians (Republicans) are allowed to continue their assault on the American worker we will be back working under the same conditions that our great grandfathers fought to eliminate. If you don't know what those were, then watch the holiday classic "A Christmas Carol" and pay attention to the work conditions of Bob Cratchet and understand that he didn't have it that bad. Many of you are working forced overtime now. How would you like those hours at regular wages instead of overtime wages. Those conditions and worse will become our reality again if allowed to continue.

One were thing about our pal Newt Gingrich; in 1994 he suggested that all welfare children belong in orphanages. Newt Gingrich was also the one responsible for spear heading the investigation of the Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky affair at the expense to American taxpayers of millions of dollars while at the same time carrying on his own adulterous affair. He is a hypocrite. This man wants to be the next president of the United States.

Last edited by mousehousemoparman; 11-22-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:46 PM

I highly doubt Newt will be the front runner for the Reps. However, we do need to watch out and make sure he doesnt make it into the whitehouse.

Old 11-22-2011, 12:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Psh, I've been working since I was 12 and I turned out fine! :p

Old 11-22-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by nizzle
I highly doubt Newt will be the front runner for the Reps. However, we do need to watch out and make sure he doesnt make it into the whitehouse.
According to the latest polls; Newt Gingrich is the current front runner.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:07 PM

True but last week it was H. Cain and we see what happened to him . I think Newt has been around far too long. If he were gonna make it, he would have made it already. IMO anyway. Either way I agree that we cannot let him in the whitehouse. People think we have it bad now...... Wait and see what happens if Newt gets in

Old 11-22-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Psh, I've been working since I was 12 and I turned out fine! :p
I don't know the circumstances of you working at 12 but I would suspect it was a family business. Employment in family businesses I have no issue with. This isn't that and it is a bad thing.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL, oh I know. Just chucking in a joke

Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 PM

Honestly, the Democrats are just as bad as the Republicans, at least on a national level. Once again, it's going to be a vote to choose between the lesser of two evils since I don't see Ron Paul getting the nod. Both parties are full of snakes, all in it for themselves.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:32 PM

True that. Something has got to change. But until we as Americans can start to think for ourselves, we're stuck with just the 2 choices. Not that I agree with the occupy movement anything, but revolution has got to start somewhere...... I guess. Therefore I guess I'm not against the occupy movement either.

Last edited by nizzle; 11-22-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 03:57 PM

I blame the people that elected the politicians and have not held them accountable for their actions or in-actions

I also think kids should work 4-Sure...I started working with my grandfather on his boats as soon as I could walk & have been working ever since...

I believe we must have accountability in Washington & we the people must nominate & vote for people with integrity that won't Sell Their Souls
"Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country" ? ? ? ? (JFK)

What are you doing to make it better ? (Talk is cheap) without `Action...We need people that speak the TRUTH & walk their Talk" ~> Are there any out there ? ?

That's all that's fall'in outa my head..~>(It's empty again : ).Vote 4 Space LOL

Last edited by Space; 11-24-2011 at 06:05 AM.

Quick Reply: American Worker Being Assaulted Again