Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Almost wiped out today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 11:32 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like this guy needed a call to 911. BY YOU!!!

There's no reason to drive like an idiot. TOO many people have been hurt and TOO MANY good cars have got totalled by jerks who drive like they own the road.

I'm with Amy. Afraid to drive my good cars because of jerks like this one.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
Sounds like this guy needed a call to 911. BY YOU!!!

There's no reason to drive like an idiot. TOO many people have been hurt and TOO MANY good cars have got totalled by jerks who drive like they own the road.

I'm with Amy. Afraid to drive my good cars because of jerks like this one.
Trust me RJ, it was a thought. But I had to factor in MY ability to pay attention to the road during rush hour, this jerk, and operating my cell phone. Not to mention, unless I stayed up with the guy, he coulda been long gone and on a different roadway by the time the cops could catch up to him (and NO way I was going to try and play tail gate him to get a plate). Plus, last time I had to use 911 from a cell, they ask your city and then route you (it could be a total of 30-60 seconds before I'm talking to the right person, then give them the details to dispatch someone).

Now, if I was commuting with a passenger, that's different. I could have had the passenger execute it all.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Which way on 80? Towards ESU? That "safety corrider" does nothing but give the cops an excuse to double your ticket
both ways, he jumps eather marshalls creek or DWG through the gap in the morning. anytime i go with him im fairly amazed at peoples driving skills, lol.

seems like the worst of 80 i've seen is from tannersville all the way out to NYC. gets a bit better after hackattstown where it widens up though.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I love it when I see people dodging in and out of semi's and cutting them off. But hey those things can stop quick right?

Old 08-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

gotta love those skilled drivers... and yea a semi can stop good like a prius goes fast

Old 08-11-2011, 03:36 PM

eww yeah 480 is ugly during rush hour, I always see people driving like maniacs and idiots on 480. It doesn't help that some of the entrances as soon as you are getting on 480, the lane turns into the next exit and you have like 30 seconds to jump over a lane or your stuck getting off. I try to avoid 71 and 480 during rush hour.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I don't know about Mentor, OH. But in a lot of cities that would've ended with gun shots.

I know a lot of people would say he might have been on his way to the hospital, a volunteer fireman, or some other emergency situation. But from what you've said with the way he was sitting in the car, he's just a self-important jerk.

Glad everyone is okay. For now. If that guy drives like that all the time, he's gonna wreck sooner or later. Hopefully, when he does, he doesn't kill anybody.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:45 PM

I had something similar today- coming home in very heavy rush hour traffic, and had recently got on from an on-ramp and was just in the far right lane (3 traffic lanes plus a carpool lane)- I like to merge to the far left since the far right lane goes super slow due to people getting on/off the ramps. I manage to get over one lane, and once I find a nice break in the left lane, I signal and begin to move over there.

Luckily I looked twice, some guy in a white Saturn flew around the car I was trying to merge in front of by using the carpool lane, and was coming back over to the fast lane with no signal at a very high rate of speed. Glad I noticed, and jerked back over to my lane, or he would've hit my rear end as he merged in (he wasn't using a signal either). I was in my Impala, so I probably should've held my ground since I was signaling and changing lanes first (albeit at a normal persons rate- not Ricky Bobby style)- but traffic was moving about 65-70, and he had to have come around that other car at 90-100.

I let him get by- but he was driving insane, keeping barely a foot from the car in front of him, jumping across all 4 lanes through gaps here an there, and flooring it at every chance. He couldn't have been going to the hospital since we were heading south out of the city. I suppose he could've been going to an emergency for a family member or something- but if its that serious, I'd rather see him go full throttle down the shoulder (both sides have a full shoulder) rather than pulling crazy stunts in super heavy traffic- he almost got in 2 more accidents before he even got out of my view... crazy

Also, last week- I saw one guy blow a stop sign on the surface streets doing 45 mph (the street's speed limit), and another blow the red metering light getting onto the highway (its a 2 lane onramp, and I had stopped at the red in the other lane- we were the only cars on the ramp at the time)- luckily I didn't go when I got the green...

Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Taz is right. In some cities Like Detroit or Chicago say at night. That might have been some gun fire. Don't you wish at times you had a big truck ??? Always some dude in a small car in a hurry to go no place. Glad your Ok. Just some nerve damage ....

Old 08-12-2011, 08:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Funny you mention TRUCK. My dad and I both co-own a F150. NO ONE messes with me on the road in that beater. THe push bar I think helps the "get out of my way" look...

Quick Reply: Almost wiped out today!!!