Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Almost wiped out today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Almost wiped out today!!!

So today, I drove the Monte to work and was almost taken out by a jerk in a Plymoth Breeze!

This gu was FLYING!!! I'm doing about 70-75 (in a 60), in the far left lane, FOLLOWING a pick up truck. This guy in the Breeze flew up on me so fast I was worrying if the dude was going to BRAKE (AND I had NO where to get out of his way, boxed in at the moment). I'm guessing he was 80-90MPH.... THANK GOD he figured out his brakes work. But he stayed on my bumper so tight, I feared if I had to even touch my brake.

At earliest convience, I got the heck out of his way (and now he was tail gating the pick up and NOT me). Well, I go about my business, and GO FIGURE, some how I got ahead of the yahoo again! And this time, again, I was in the far left lane AGAIN, but not he was two lanes left of me and suddenly changing three lanes (NO STOPPING). By the time I noticed this, he would have SLAMMED the passenger side on the rear half of the car. Thank GOD I had a large should to my left AND even though he was pushing his car to the max of it's limits I'm sure, I was NOT to the max of mine. I slammed the gas, swerved into the shoulder, got ahead of him and then AGAIN, got the heck out of his way.

And again, I somehow ended infront of him and before I knew it, we're getting off at the SAME EXIT!! I make a right and this jerk makes a left.

I admit, I can drive fast (and I have traffic tickets that show I drive faster then I should). But this guy's driving is NOT wise during rush hour!! Cutting THREE LANES and OBVIOUSLY not ensuring your path is clear and accounting rate of speed of other drivers?? Driving so fast that you catch up to cars that have NO WHERE to go to get out of your path and going so fast you have to SLAM your brakes at the LAST minute??? AND THEN tail gating at a rate of speed that IF the driver in front of you even taps their brake, you have just about ZERO re-action time???
I can't even say he was rushing to a Hospital as there is NO Hospital near that exist!!!

So, good morning everyone.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow what a Jerk....Bet that woke you up this morning. Glad you are ok..

Old 08-10-2011, 09:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bet you don't need coffee anymore!

I hate people, I was half expecting you to say he was also on his cellphone.

Glad you and the Monte are okay!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:28 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

WOW - that's one major reason why I am afraid to drive my 03 anywhere!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:50 AM

Wow. I hate idiots like that. Especially in the winter, they just don't think. Luckily I can take back roads to work now. It takes a little longer but it's better than putting up with that.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

sounds like my dad's daily commute on route 80. get to see some very, eh, skilled drivers. all i can say is they must have a guardian angel that looks like arnold schwarzenegger to be able to cheat death so many times a day....

Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

@Chibi - As for coffee, I'm a Pepsi guy and yeah, it was a huge wake up.

@Mowog - This was on I-480. I learned back when I used to commute to Tiedeman, people in the Brooklyn Ohio area during rush hour tend to driver tighter together then in my section of the world. I learned to adapt, but THIS jerk was ridiculous!!

@All - All I can say is the guy had his seat reclined and hand on top of the wheel, looking forward and givin' that Breeze everything it had to go as fast as he was. THANK GOD he was not in a more powerful car! I did not see a cell phone or any other driving obstruction. If this guy drives like that all the time, he's going to kill someone (I hope it's him and NOT someone innocent to his negligence).

Old 08-10-2011, 10:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
sounds like my dad's daily commute on route 80. get to see some very, eh, skilled drivers. all i can say is they must have a guardian angel that looks like arnold schwarzenegger to be able to cheat death so many times a day....
Which way on 80? Towards ESU? That "safety corrider" does nothing but give the cops an excuse to double your ticket

Old 08-10-2011, 10:44 AM

I can't even say he was rushing to a Hospital as there is NO Hospital near that exist!!!

If he keeps driving like that he will need a hospital that is close or a funeral home...

I guess he did not know your MCF Screen Name:
The_Maniac ~>

All's I can say it's great that You & your Monte are OK...
ROAD RAGE ~> I can relate 4-Sure..
It's Crazy Out There on your Highways of `Life...
We must always drive Defensively or get a Junker & just HIT & RUN ~>

Wish you a safe `Journey...Peace/out

p.s. Hi Ryan from Buzzkill, great 2 C U online

Last edited by Space; 08-10-2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:05 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man that is crazy, glad he did hit u or anytging & i see drivers like that on my way to st louis on the weekends

Quick Reply: Almost wiped out today!!!