Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

??

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 01:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

You guys will have to ban me before I leave.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
You guys will have to ban me before I leave.
Me too!
One thing iv noticed is a lot of the younger members have a different value set than the old school guus and they are frequenting the MCF FB. Sometimes they talk crap and don't have to worry about repercussions for taking the joking a little to far. And its easier cause they are already using FB. I use the MCF FB to share things and have been working on. But for serious help I turn to you guys most the time.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:48 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

MCF has changed in the time I got in. When I first joined, I think almost everyone was modding their Monte. It was common to see threads with mods from suede interior to tops swaps, what ever tickled your fancy. These were people that owned the car new or slightly used.
Since the Monte has been out of production for 7 years now, times are changing. You still have some people interested in modding the car, but due to the car's age, for many (not all), they are more interested in modding something newer/current. Many of the Monte enthusiasts have moved to something else since the Monte is no longer in production. Now there is a larger increase in people keeping there Montes road worthy more then modding them.
Regardless of what group of Monte Carlo owner (even if you don't own a Monte, but love the car), we all came in contact because of this car.

The Monte has a good heritage to it. And we have lots of great Monte enthusiasts here. And for MCF.com, that's what is important.

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
One thing iv noticed is a lot of the younger members have a different value set than the old school guus and they are frequenting the MCF FB. Sometimes they talk crap and don't have to worry about repercussions for taking the joking a little to far.
We can all take a joke here. We strive to make this a "family friendly" forum. Regardless of your age, race or gender, you are one thing.... A car person. The goal is to keep things so people of all ages can enjoy content here, if you have a child or grand child and want to share something with them you found here (maybe as simple as a thread of pics from a car show), you don't have to worry about inappropriate content.
Every forum has different rules and some are not interested in being family friendly, no problem with that.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:50 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

I think some people just want there questions answered and don't feel like chatting about the weather or why people are leaving. Its unfortunate but that's the way it is.

Old 01-04-2014, 02:57 PM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Well, I can name a few.

It's been 7 years since the last Monte Carlo rolled off the assembly line.

The 1995 to 2005 models are full size cars with a FWD V6. Respectable performance at the time they were made. But far from being a muscle car or sports car without mods. Many of today's V6's can out perform our Montes right from the factory.

The original owners have mostly sold off their Monte in favor of something newer. Many have moved up to real muscle cars like Camaros and Mustangs. Kind of a respectable move in my opinion. Some had to trade in their Monte for a more family friendly vehicle. Like an SUV or (ugghh) a minivan.

The 1995 to 2007 Montes are becoming starter cars for people. People looking for a reliable first car with lots of room.

We've always had trouble keeping gens 1 to 4 around because MCF was so heavily populated by 6th gens right from the beginning. When a gen 1 to 4 owner came around, they felt out of place.

MCF never had an actual club attached to it. This is where NMCOA and other Monte clubs have an advantage. NMCOA was a club first, then created a website for club members to keep in touch between meets.

People have tried to make a club on MCF. But with how spread out our membership is, most people interested in a Monte club simply joined a local club. Perfectly understandable.

Those are just a few things. I know you guys can think of more. But I'll stop rambling for now.
I think Taz nailed the reason there. As for new cars outperforming these cars from the factory its true even for the 2006 & 2007 where the new V6 Impala's are making just as much power.

Me personally, we had a Monte Carlo in the family before. Anyway when it came time for me to buy a car it was within my budget and it was a V8 so I couldn't resist. Plus the insurance was not bad either. At the time I got it there was not many cars I liked and I don't like to have the same car as everyone else.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member

I know our cars are losing the performance edge. But hey, a stock 56 Chevy isn't particularly fast by todays standards either but still is a loved car. I think Montes will follow through the same way when it's all said and done.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm keeping my Monte for the long haul. Or at least hope to. I don't know about it lasting 60 years though.

Old 01-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I know I'm not very active with chatting and all, but I'm usually here looking up things, reading exciting and entertaining stories, watching engine builds, etc. I love Monte Carlo's, my brother owns one. Too bad his has had its fair share of problems. By the way, thanks to those who've help us out!

Old 01-04-2014, 04:04 PM
5 Year Member

I don't have any other car buddies other than you guys/gals here on the forum. and I go to car shows with some of you other Michiganders.

Even though Wifey is patient, she can only stand so much car talk

Old 01-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member

I was just debating myself about leaving the forum, as a 4th gen member I do feel out of place along with another reason. Haven't made decision yet but will by end of weekend.