Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 04:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ??

Why are we losing so many members

Old 01-03-2014, 05:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Why are we losing so many members

I don't know some have went to the Blue oval (FORD)

Old 01-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

no clue to be honest. Of all the forums I have frequented over the years, this forum has just about the nicest group of people around. Everyone is always very happy to help a fellow member out with their problems, and the forum itself holds a ton of information.

Old 01-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, I can name a few.

It's been 7 years since the last Monte Carlo rolled off the assembly line.

The 1995 to 2005 models are full size cars with a FWD V6. Respectable performance at the time they were made. But far from being a muscle car or sports car without mods. Many of today's V6's can out perform our Montes right from the factory.

The original owners have mostly sold off their Monte in favor of something newer. Many have moved up to real muscle cars like Camaros and Mustangs. Kind of a respectable move in my opinion. Some had to trade in their Monte for a more family friendly vehicle. Like an SUV or (ugghh) a minivan.

The 1995 to 2007 Montes are becoming starter cars for people. People looking for a reliable first car with lots of room.

We've always had trouble keeping gens 1 to 4 around because MCF was so heavily populated by 6th gens right from the beginning. When a gen 1 to 4 owner came around, they felt out of place.

MCF never had an actual club attached to it. This is where NMCOA and other Monte clubs have an advantage. NMCOA was a club first, then created a website for club members to keep in touch between meets.

People have tried to make a club on MCF. But with how spread out our membership is, most people interested in a Monte club simply joined a local club. Perfectly understandable.

Those are just a few things. I know you guys can think of more. But I'll stop rambling for now.

Last edited by Taz; 01-03-2014 at 07:29 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:43 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think for some it's how life is moving for them.Some times life pulls you away from things.
P.S. I'm a 2nd gen guy I don't feel out of place at all.But I find most old school car people tend to stick to the old school groups

Old 01-04-2014, 08:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

There is a lot of us here are planning on keep our Monte forever so we need to show up and keep the forum flowing with new topics and ideas.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

I try my best to keep mcf active. I'm on a few times a day answering questions I can answer etc. I don't start to many threads but I comment a lot. I always see new members rolling in but unfortunately it seems as if most of them join to ask 1 question then disappear

Old 01-04-2014, 10:17 AM

I love this place however as zjerry stated I'm on of the guys going over to a Ford. Not because I don't like my Monte because I do. But I got into this car mainly to just get my credit going and now that it is I need to get into a car under my own name rather then have my dads name on it. So that means going to something cheaper. I pretty much have 1-3 choices. Mustang GT, Camaro SS/z28, or Firebird WS6. I'm personally not a big fan of the body style of the Camaro in the early 2000's. I love the Firebird but they are a little priced out of my budget. So that leaves the Mustang. Which I like, it still has that sporty muscular look to it, but get's better gas mileage then the others. Has a big aftermarket for. And still has enough room for what I need. Then after I get this next car payed off I'll be able to start looking at new cars and I may very well come back to Chevy and get a newer Camaro SS since I think look amazing. But that's my story lol. I'm always going to be on the forum though since I like just chatting with everyone on here.

Old 01-04-2014, 12:40 PM

First I would like to thank the members who helped me when my engine blew last year. Second love the forum not on here much as i would like, time is not on my side. Probably will always have a Monte, was my first car and hopefully a newer version will be in my garage 2016?. C"mon GM need another coupe not just Camaro and Corvette. Thanks and Happy New Year.

Old 01-04-2014, 01:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

I'm not lost! Don't worry, just seriously busy in life...alot has been changing in the past few months..