Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2012 monte carlo?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:25 AM

I've been driving an 11 SS Camaro coupe for the last year pretty much every day. Maybe it's just me but I have no problems seeing what's going on around me.

Old 01-04-2012, 06:21 AM

i guess its just dream that they will bring the monte back. iff they were to make it a 4dr eco car i would rather leave it be. but it would be nice to see a rwd v8 monte again, and a unique design like the 6th gens. only time will tell.

i havent had the chance to drive a new camaro, i would to try one out. the enterprise here has them for rent but they want $100 a day and its only a v6. im sry but im not paying that to only drive a v6 lol.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well, one way to bring the Monte back. Monte enthusiasts that want to see it brought back as a 2 door RWD V8, let GM know!

Email them and tell them you want a Monte Carlo back in the line up. It may not help much. But doing nothing does even less.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:15 AM

I don't really think the numbers are there for the return of a coupe, next time you're out count the number of coupes you see, Mustangs, Camaros, perhaps a Cobalt or two, maybe an Accord... Today more people are buying sedans, SUVs and trucks the interest in a coupe REALLY isn't there other then on this type of forum. I too want another coupe, no kids no plan for kids why do I need/want a four doors??? I've been hearing rumors like this forever, fact for awhile rumors have been flying that GM is going to bring the Holden Ute to the US as the new El Camino. Haven't seen it, don't really expect to demand for smaller pick-ups are down and the ones that are selling are crew cabs, don't get me wrong if GM brought out a Monte coupe or the El Camino I would certainly look at both, just not holding my breath.

That's my opinion I maybe wrong...

Bottom line here is GM isn't going to sell cars that only a small percentage of the car buying public want, and sadly that means the Monte will not return anytime soon IMHO.

Wanna dream how about Holdens 08 concept car as the new Monte:
http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Hol...08-032-800.jpg

Or the Ute/El Camino:
http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Hol...e-0034-800.jpg

Last edited by JAFO; 01-04-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added links to pics
Old 01-04-2012, 01:09 PM

ive seen that concept before. i really like it. i feel there is a demand for coupes. its mainly for the younger crowds. thats prolly why the cts-v became a coupe and the new benz(i forget what series). i see alot of coupes on the road, accord, altima, the muscle cars. if its sporty enough and has what ppl want as far as drivetrain and features ppl will buy it. the late model gtos wouldve sold better if the styling was alil more aggressive. it had the perfomance but the looks werent there. i wouldnt mind sending in a petition. at least we can say we tried lol

Old 01-04-2012, 03:10 PM

Not saying that you shouldn't go ahead and try, I just don't see it doing much good, I hope it does GM loyalist need something between the Cobalt and Camaro if they want a coupe... then again Dodge only has the Challenger don't they????

You did make me check, I work for a large used car retailer. Across the country we have 15,077 sedans and 2,256 coupes in the system. That's 87% of the cars (trucks, vans, suvs are not included that's just cars) are 4 door. Once again I want another coupe, I really want a GTO myself.

Old 01-11-2012, 12:14 PM

I hear all this talk of chevrolets coupe selection I never seen anybody mention the Corvette, granted more $$$ but still a coupe none the less. Any of the Holden models would be a deffinate purchase for me I love those cars the styling is great. If they bring that Mid eastern Lumina over I would have to get one in black to match the 93 Lumina Euro that sits in my garage mint condition collecting dust