Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Which one do you like best ?
Dodge SRT 8
42.86%
Shelby GT 350
50.00%
Don't like them : (
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 vs. 2011 Shelby GT350

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
i voted SRT8....the price difference makes difference to me...if i got the dodge i could get some nice mods with the extra money i save from not getting the shelby
Why would you put mods? As if these cars don't have enough power.

Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Honestly, I have never been a fan of special edition cars from any company...I'd prefer to buy a stock Challenger SRT-8 or Mustang GT at a much cheaper price and use the extra money to mod the car my way and make it truly unique...I know the chances of someone seeing another high priced special edition car is rare, but having a one of a kind car with your own rims/body kit/paint job/power adder etc...is even better IMO...

Having said that I am not a chrysler fan...but I'd Gladly take a new SRT Charger, and even a Challenger/Grand Cherokee SRT over any New GM or Ford Product right now...

Joe

Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montess2k
Honestly, I have never been a fan of special edition cars from any company...I'd prefer to buy a stock Challenger SRT-8 or Mustang GT at a much cheaper price and use the extra money to mod the car my way and make it truly unique...I know the chances of someone seeing another high priced special edition car is rare, but having a one of a kind car with your own rims/body kit/paint job/power adder etc...is even better IMO...

Having said that I am not a chrysler fan...but I'd Gladly take a new SRT Charger, and even a Challenger/Grand Cherokee SRT over any New GM or Ford Product right now...

Joe
I was going to post something like this... The thing is, I love both cars... but look at that price tag. I could almost get a base-line Corvette for that.

If I were going to get a Mustang, I think I'd prefer the Roush... more refined than a Shelby in my opinion. Lots of times, I don't care for these guys visual upgrades at Shelby... not a much bigger fan at Roush. I kind of prefer the previous body style Mustang to this newer one... the front end is a little better on the new one, but that *** in the air look kills me. The challenger is neat... but feels bulky inside. I haven't really checked out a Camaror yet, but the pictures of the interior shout a common Chevrolet problem in my book.... nice cars, cheap crappy interior. That was how they were in the muscle car day... so I guess it's nostalgically accurate. Ford and Dodge always had the better interiors.

Of the two, I'd take a Shelby... bet you'd never guess it.