Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

08 Challenger SRT8+GM/G8/GT+TransAm

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:34 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 08 Challenger SRT8+GM/G8/GT+TransAm

[align=center]
First Drive: 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]425 HP - RWD/5speed Auto[:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click on below for report/pic's/more [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...pageNumber=1#2[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Member's, what do you think ?[/align][align=center]Would you choose the 09 Camaro, or the above ?[/align][align=center]Feedback[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 02-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Default RE: 1st Drive 08 Challenger SRT8

I would love to see the Big Three
GM- 09 Camaro
Ford - Mustang GT
Dodge - Challenger
Have race prepared factory prepared cars, &start the Trans Am series again.
(I've watched the old programs on tape & they were awesome races: )
or
they could call it `All American Muscle Car Rac'in : )
Road Course Tracks `only
I know, I `dream 2 much : )
I would love to drive one ~> 4-$ure [:-]
Would you support/watch the race ?
Post you thoughts, thanks `Space
Zoooooom & Burn'em `up

Old 02-21-2008, 01:20 PM

Just screaming for twin turbos in the front.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:19 PM

I owned a 1970 Challenger 340/4spd. way back in what now seems like another life. It was even Hemi orange like the '08 pictured. I bet what I paid for my Challenger back in the early seventies would now equal about what the sales tax alone willbe on that '08 here in New York.

Old 02-21-2008, 04:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]I would love to see the Big Three[/align][align=center]GM- 09 Camaro[/align][align=center]Ford - Mustang GT[/align][align=center]Dodge - Challenger[/align][align=center]Have race prepared factory prepared cars, &start the Trans Am series again.[/align][align=center](I've watched the old programs on tape & they were awesome races: )[/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center]they could call it `All American Muscle Car Rac'in : )[/align][align=center]Road Course Tracks `only[/align][align=center]I know, I `dream 2 much : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I would love to drive one ~> 4-$ure [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Would you support/watch the race ?[/align][align=center]Post you thoughts, thanks `Space[/align][align=center]Zoooooom & Burn'em `up[/align]
Maybe they will call it "Stock Car Racing."

Old 02-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Yeah, but the name has to be short and catchy.

What name can we give this racing that features stock cars made in north america?

I just don't know.

Old 02-21-2008, 05:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Taz

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Yeah, but the name has to be short and catchy.

What name can we give this racing that features stock cars made in north america?

I just don't know.

LOL!! Riddle me this Mod TAZ!

Old 02-22-2008, 12:00 PM

[align=center][:-]I would love to see Trans Am Type Rac'in Return[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Historirans Am[/align]

About HTA |/

Email Us
[align=center][/align][align=center]The Trans-Am Race Series[/align][blockquote]
[blockquote]
[blockquote]
[blockquote][align=center]There's never been a more hard fought race series than the Trans-Am races of the late sixties and early 70'sseventie[/align][/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote][/blockquote][align=center][/align][blockquote][align=center][/align][/blockquote]
[blockquote][align=center][/align][/blockquote][align=center][/align][align=center]George Follmer (1971 Javelin) and Parnelli Jones (1970 Boss 302 Mustang) go at it again at the 28th Monterey
Historics in the Trans-Am Feature Race -- just as they did in the original Trans-Am series years ago (see below).
[/align][align=center]
[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][color=#ffffff][size=2][color=#990000]Parnelli Jones and George Follmer lead the pack into Turn Two at the 1969 Laguna Seca race,
followed by Jerry Titus, Mark Donohue, Ed Leslie, Ron Grable, Peter Revson,[/co

Old 02-22-2008, 02:56 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

that would have been something to see space... i would love to see it make a big return as well.

Old 02-23-2008, 06:11 AM

[align=center][:-]GM Rear Wheel Drive [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[:-]

First Test: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT
It's all done with smoke in the mirrors
[/align]

By Arthur St. Antoine
Photography by Derek Gardner

[/align][/align]
To those of you who've eagerly awaited the launch of Pontiac's super-hot, Australia-sourced 2008 G8 sport sedan, we're pleased to announce the following: We have liftoff. The test numbers are in.
[/align][align=center][/align]

[/align][/align]
We were as eager as you to get behind the wheel of this bold new four-door Grand Prix replacement -- bred and built by GM's Holden division in Australia. And that's largely because, first and foremost, the G8 is rear-drive, which immediately gains it admission into a lofty arena occupied by the likes of BMW and Infiniti. The G8 is a genuine, kick-the-tail-out sport sedan, not a front-drive compromise. Let us all pause now and give GM a huge round of applause.
[/align]
The good stuff isn't limited to the layout. When the G8 goes on sale in a few weeks (target is early March), Pontiac will offer two versions. The base car is powered by a DOHC, 3.6-liter V-6 with variable valve timing that kicks out 256 horses at 6300 rpm and 248 pound-feet of torque at 2100. The engine mates to a five-speed automatic transmission. Eighteen-inch, silver-painted alloy wheels are standard, as are projector-beam headlights, a tilt-telescoping wheel, polished stainless-steel exhaust tips, remote start, and a seven-speaker Blaupunkt audio system with CD player and iPod jack.
[/align][align=center][/align]

[/align][/align]
Seen here is the up-level G8 GT, which ripples with a 6.0-liter OHV V-8 that booms out 361 horses at 5300 rpm and 385 pound-feet at 4400. The engine features computer-managed cylinder deactivation for enhanced economy. The big mill's output flows through a standard six-speed automatic with Sport mode. No manual is available yet, but when we pressed Pontiac execs, they hinted one may be coming later this year -- perhaps in concert with a higher-tuned engine.
[/align]
[b]Added GT goodies include quad stainless-steel exhaust tips, a limited-slip diff, dual-zone climate control, a leather-wrapped wheel, a more potent audio system, and machine-fa