Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

2 cops colide in my town

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 2 cops colide in my town

Link at the botom to the story and has a video i'm sure of the news report report i'm sure... but i cant watch it work tho

Two squad cars collide in Inver Grove Heights

The State Patrol is in the process of investigating a Friday night crash involving two police cars in Inver Grove Heights, according to a police release.
Sergeant Joshua Otis, 33, and officer Justin Parranto, 33, both of the Inver Grove Heights Police Department, slammed their vehicles into eachother at the intersection of 65th Street and Cahill Avenue, according to a police release.
"Neither one of them stopped at the stop sign and they collided into eachother," crash witness Antoinette McCarthy said
Both squad cars were responding to an emergency medical call, according to a police release.
Although both squad cars had their lights on, it was raining at the time of the crash and it is unclear how fast the vehicles were moving, witnesses said.
"An incident like this is uncommon but it's not unheard of especially when you have officers trying to get somewhere to help someone there's a potential for these things to happen," Lt. Eric Roeske said.
Otis was treated and released from Regions Hospital. Parranto remains at the hospital and is listed in fair condition, police said.
Kathryn Olhauser, an employee of the Inver Grove Heights Police Department, was taking part in a ride along when the crash occurred, she is listed in good condition, according to a police release.
A third vehicle was struck during the crash. The 50-year-old, male driver was taken to United Hospital where he was treated and released, according to a police release.
State patrol says no one has been determined to be at fault yet but further investigation is still needed.
http://kstp.com/news/stories/S1550907.shtml?cat=1

Old 05-10-2010, 10:29 AM

Hi `Justin,
That was a violent `crash 4-Sure.
Glad 2 read that there were no serious injuries.
All Police Officer's risk their life everyday rushing to help
citizens in need. It's a dangerous `job 4-Sure.
I know we don't like them when they catch us doing something
wrong, but I respect their profession.
I don't let a few bad ones tarnish my opinion of their duties.
Who do we call when there's a crazy person outside your home
or running around your neighborhood.
In 2days world, they have become human garbage collector's
of those people that have no respect for themselves
or others.
`Justin, thanks for sharing & it's a reminder to all member's
that even the police make mistakes.
Wish them a fast recovery & safe journey in their life
and profession.
"To Protect & Serve"
`Amen

Old 05-10-2010, 05:03 PM

Doesn't surprise me... the cops around here always speeding

Old 05-11-2010, 02:11 PM

Or put their emergency lights on because they dont want to wait at a light, or to run a stop sign... Serves'm right to assume everyone pays attention to them (not saying people shouldnt, but i think one can say that no more then 10-20% of drivers out there actually pay attention when they are driving)