Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

1,001 horsepower=267 +MPH "Street Legal" = Big $'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

More Car News:

2011 Jaguar XKR175 75th Anniversary Coupe to debut at Pebble Beach

Posted 7/6/2010 4:36 PM

Limited edition models have long been part of Jaguar's remarkable heritage, and to help celebrate the marque's 75th year in business, it has created yet another sweet exercise in tasteful excess. Officially known as the Jaguar XKR175 75th Anniversary Coupe, this even-higher-performance version of the XKR will be formally unveiled during the Pebble Beach Contours d'Elegance in August. Jaguar will build just 175 of these commemorative models for the U.S. market, all coupes and all finished in Ultimate Black set off by unique 20-inch Kasuga 10-spoke alloy wheels and bright-red brake calipers.
This stealthy supercat also sports revised front and rear spoilers, revamped side sills and a new rear diffuser, functional enhancements that help improve its aero characteristics and allow it fully exploit a revised engine management setup on its 5.0-liter/510-horsepower supercharged V8. Those computer tweaks help raise top speed on the XKR175 from 155 mph to 174 mph -- a number Jag claims is "close enough to 175 not to matter."
Inside, the 2011 Jaguar XKR175 75th Anniversary Coupe gets a special trimout that matches Warm Charcoal leather with contrasting Cranberry stitching and glossy Piano Black veneer plus custom door-sill plates that carry the inscription: "XKR175 -- 1 of 175."
Pricing for the 2011 Jaguar XKR175 75th Anniversary Coupe has been set at $104,500 and sales will start shortly after its Pebble Beach coming out party. For those who can live with a bit less exclusivity, the standard-issue 2011 Jaguar XKR will be offered with a new Black Pack option. Available starting in October, it will match one of three exterior colors -- Ultimate Black, Polaris White or Stratus Grey -- with special blackout trim bits, custom alloy wheels and Warm Charcoal leather interior appointments.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:31 AM

~>For your viewing pleasure:
More Car News:

Renault DeZir Concept revealed

Posted 7/7/2010 9:55 AM

Although not set for its public debut until the Paris Auto Show in October, Renault has just taken the wraps off of its new DeZir Concept. Pronounced "desire" and directly referencing Renault's zero-emission "Z.E." signature -- this electric-powered two-seater is the first to display the automaker's nascent "Drive the Change" styling language that was created by its new design chief, Laurens van den Acker. In addition to its various mechanical innovations, Renault says the DeZir's new front-end identity "explores Renault's styling roots to express the company's powerful human dimension" using the notion of the 'life cycle'," and presages cues destined to be incorporated into all future models.
Emotion in motion
The DeZir's sleek (0.25 cd) and light Kevlar bodywork wraps around a tubular steel frame that helps keep curb weight to a mere 830 kg (1,830 lb). Access to the coupe's futuristic-looking cabin is by gullwing doors that pivot in opposite directions, a flourish that "symbolizes a ying and yang-style amorous harmony," albeit one we suspect won't be found on any future production variant. Renault says the linear styling of the front air intake and the rear-end treatment not only add visual impact but help to more efficiently channel battery-cooling air from the front to the rear of the car. Adding even more interest is an array of "ripple-effect look" graphic accent panels. Particularly striking are the cross-drilled aluminum bands that dominate its flanks. Impressively complementing that overall flair -- and nicely filling the DeZir's prominently arched fenderwells -- are 21-inch alloy wheels wrapped in custom 235/45 Michelin tires.
Motivation for the Renault DeZir Concept comes from the same electric motor/generator used in other Renault production EVs, although here its output has been upped to 148-horsepower and 167 lb-ft of torque, which is sufficient to take the DeZir from 0-62 mpg in 5.0 seconds. Located in a mid-rear position to optimize weight distribution, it's energized by a 24kW lithium-ion battery mounted vertically behind the seat. The battery gives the DeZir about a 100-mile basic range and can be fully recharged overnight using conventional household current, take an 80-percent refill in about 20 minute using a dedicated quick-charger or be exchanged in a couple of minutes using Renault's Quick Drop technology.
Given Renault's involvement in Formula One, its no surprise to find that the DeZir's regenerative braking system employs the same principles as the KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) the automaker developed for use there -- including the ability to released stored energy for a temporary power boost at the touch of a button on the steering wheel.
The look of love
Inside, the Renault DeZir intentionally gives new meaning to the term "passion pit," as its designers freely admit that its inspiration came "directly from the idea of an amorous encounter based on a coming together of opposites." To formalize "the sensation of shared passion and lightness," its organically contoured white leather bench seat melds a number of interlocking design elements to create a pattern that's smooth on the driver's side but quilted on the passenger's segment. That contra-style motif also carries to the car's left and right door and dash panels, which are finished in red lacquer and white hide, respectively.
While Renault indicates that the DeZir is not destined for production in its current form, it will be interesting to see exactly how many of its specific design elements ultimately do make their way into future products from the French automaker.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:20 AM

the bugatti veyron is def the car i wanna get buried in . it screams sex appeal and super richy rich. what other car can boast to have raced against a fighter jet

Old 08-17-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by nighthawk626
the bugatti veyron is def the car i wanna get buried in . it screams sex appeal and super richy rich. what other car can boast to have raced against a fighter jet

I agree that the Bugatti Screams "X" appeal, and it's a great PowerBall Lotto Winning `Dream 4-Sure....
To me it's `art on wheels....I'd love 2 drive one 4-Real : )
Thanks for your post/contributions: & then there was more : )

Badder Bugatti Bows

This version of the Veyron 16.4 Super Sport has a deep-blue finish that shows the carbon-fiber grain of this 1,200-hp howler.

By Mark Vaughn of AutoWeek

Click to enlarge picture

This special deep-blue version of the Veyron 16.4 Super Sport has a price tag of about $2.4 million.

Bugatti showed off another version of its world-record Veyron 16.4 Super Sport at the Quail on Friday.

While the Super Sport that set the record was done up in black and orange Halloween livery, the car on the Bugatti stand at the Quail had a more subtle deep blue finish that showed the carbon-fiber grain that made up the skin of this 1,200-hp howler.
The Quail car will also be shown at the concept lawn at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance and paced at the Motorsports Reunion. It has the same turbocharged 8.0-liter W16 and seven-speed DSG transmission but comes wrapped in a less outrageous skin. As if any 268-mph car could be somehow less outrageous.
It's also cheaper. While the Halloween paint scheme version costs 1.95 million euros (about $2.5 million at current exchange rates), this one is just 1.85 million euros ($2.4 million). Those willing to slum along in bodywork that does not show the carbon-fiber patterns can cruise for a bargain-basement 1.65 million euros ($2.1 million).
Bugatti has sold 260 Veyrons so far, leaving just 40 to go before production ends.
Content provided by AutoWeek.
Get more Car News from AutoWeek.
Get the latest Car Reviews from AutoWeek.

Related Content

- The Rear End -

Old 08-17-2010, 11:56 AM

time to go make friends with some rich oil tycoon and warren buffet

Old 08-17-2010, 11:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

In tune of "dream cars" if I won the lotto.... Pending my over 6 foot, 240 lbs body would fit, I would TOTALLY want to get my hands on an Lamborghini Diablo <drool>.

I could also see handing my '84 Camaro off to be professionally restored (I miss driving that car more then anything I've owned and driven).

Geez, there are so many cars I'd want to get and drive.... OH I could go crazy. But car wise, those two items would get a LOT of consideration.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:57 AM

BONUS `Dream Machine
Morgan EvaGT Has Aerodynamic Flair

The EvaGT concept shifts the somewhat upright, stunted shapes of Morgan's past into a sporty, more modern present.

By Mark Vaughn of AutoWeek
Click to enlarge picture
The Morgan EvaGT is expected to carry a sticker price of about $150,000.

A new Morgan promises to take the "controversial" out of the phrase "controversial Morgan design."

With a stylish aerodynamic front end leading to a tapered, pointed rear, the Morgan EvaGT concept unveiled at Pebble Beach brings the 101-year-old marque away from the somewhat upright, stunted shapes of its past and into a sporty, more modern present.

"We've captured a lot of the true DNA of Morgan with some of the concept cars like the Aeromax and Super Sports influence," chief designer Matthew Humphries said. "But there's some of the Talbot, Delahaye excitement to it, too."

As with other recent Morgans, there is also a lot of BMW excitement. Morgan has been working with BMW for the last two years to develop the chassis, suspension and drivetrain.

Power will come from a 3.0-liter, twin-turbo BMW straight-six with direct injection, good for 300 horsepower and 235 lb-ft of torque. Power goes through a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission to the rear wheels. It meets all U.S. emissions and crash-test standards.

Extensive use of aluminum in the chassis and body panels means a curb weight of just 2,750 pounds. Look for a 0-to-62-mph time of 4.5 seconds and a top speed of 170 mph.

With seating for four in a 2+2 configuration, Morgan is calling this a car for a sporting family.
Look for production EvaGTs in late 2012, priced at about $150,000.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:02 PM

To be honest I really don't like the looks of the veyron It's been out for a while and I just can't seem to get myself to like it. I mean to get me wrong I marvel in it's engineering and unbelievable power but I really can't see myself buying it even if I was a bazillionair.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:06 PM

ugh i cant stand cars that look like that morgan eva gt. i think ill feel snooty like mr burns in a car like that. but if i ever decide to get a car that long ill go with this one just for the hell of it:

Old 08-18-2010, 09:56 AM

I think I saw Cruela Devill driving that last one..

Quick Reply: 1,001 horsepower=267 +MPH "Street Legal" = Big $'s