Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~> Higher Gas Prices <~>`Rant; 2/15/12

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 01:58 AM

I filled the green Town & Country on the way home tonight. I paid 3.58 with the Walmart gift card discount. I also bought the oil and filter to do the oil change this weekend. The cheap Walmart oil is now up to 12.97 for the jug. That's up two bucks since my last oil change.

Old 02-16-2012, 04:22 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

^^^ I think we could beat those 3 guys above ^^^
"The Stooge `Party"

I will legalize `Pot & Everything will seem better,
and it will be like living in a Disney type state of mind.
You won't care `if you are broke.
Please apply to your government for free Munchies Stamps!
Please join the Mickey Mouse Party.
We will provide free `seeds, so everyone can grow their own Stuff
Yes, our country is going 2 `Pot..4-Sure
p.s. (Discounts to Senior Citizens)

Imported from DisneyLand/World
Give us all your $'s
We will take it if you don't
It's our `Party
& we promise to Party with your dollars
4-Real

^^^^^^^^^^^
Above has been a sad satire from a unknown `Space
Disclaimer: The MCF does not condone or encourage
the use of illegal `drugs! Please don't post under the
influence of illegal substances. If caught, space
will confiscate anything illegal & keep in evidence
Oh, & test `it
How Much Money Will Legalizing Marijuana Save Us?

Interesting read above
What do you think ?

Last edited by Space; 02-16-2012 at 05:47 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:00 AM

Nissan is considering holding off on plans to open up a third car shift later this year over concerns that the economy is going to go downhill because of fuel prices again. My shift superintendent and I were discussing this (among other things related to work) over our lunch break last night. The next couple months will tell a lot.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 AM

Drew, thanks for your post & I hope that doesn't happen with your company/job...

Everyone & the markets are in fear that we may get involved in a war with Iran I pray not ~>4-Sure....I do like the proposal of shutting `off their funds going in2 & out of Iran...We are working with Europe on freezing their funds...I pray/hope it works 4-Sure

Obama Freezes Iranian Government Assets Under Mandate Passed
^^^CLick above 4 more infor on Topic ^^^

Last edited by Space; 02-16-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:26 AM

If it's not Iran then it may be Syria or Libya (where we sent 12,000 troops recently). I'm very concerned that after the election, regardless of who is elected, we will find ourselves in yet another war.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM

`Drew, I pray that it's not true 4-Sure...
I think we have to stop the wars in our country b-4 we go to other countries...We have to stop being the defender's/police of our World, and start taking care of our own country first...Let us lead by example & not by force..

I think the United Nations or all nations should bear the cost of war & not have the USA pay the majority of cost $'s & it's solidiers 4-Sure....
16 Reasons Why The United States Can No Longer Afford To Be ...

Click above 2 read more on the subject...
16 Reasons Why The United States Can No Longer Afford To Be The Police Of The World

Did you know that the United States military is now bombing 6 different countries? U.S. aircraft are conducting air strikes in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Libya, Yemen and now Somalia. There is a U.S. military base in over half of the countries on the planet and U.S. military spending is over 7 times larger than the military spending of any other nation on earth. Yes, the United States will always need a strong military. But with our national debt exploding at an exponential rate, can the United States really afford to continue to be the police of the world?
Peace/Out ~> Space `Out

Last edited by Space; 02-16-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Space
`Drew, I pray that it's not true 4-Sure...
I think we have to stop the wars in our country b-4 we go to other countries...We have to stop being the defender's/police of our World, and start taking care of our own country first...Let us lead by example & not by force..

I think the United Nations or all nations should bear the cost of war & not have the USA pay the majority of cost $'s & it's solidiers 4-Sure....
16 Reasons Why The United States Can No Longer Afford To Be ...

Click above 2 read more on the subject...
Peace/Out ~> Space `Out
I have a question and then something to ponder. If it wasn't for the oil in the middle east would we even care about Iran, Iraq, Syria,and Libyia. If it were not for our foreign policy concerning the middle east and oil would we have been attacked on 9/11? I feel deep in my heart that the answer to both is no.
As long as we don't have an energy policy we will continue to be involved in the middle east and we will continue to be the world police man. Our oil companies and special interests are currently setting our foreign policy.