Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~> Higher Gas Prices <~>`Rant; 2/15/12

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I hat that it goes up and down so much. Up by 50 cents a gallon down by 3 cents a gallon. I also hate how people scream and yell at the cashier at the gas station. Like it's there choice to make the gas 50 cents more.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:02 PM

Has anyone noticed that when gas prices rise that the next fiscal quarter Exxon-Mobil posts record billion dollar profits. The gas companies are responsible for most of this. They also control our foreign policy. The oil companies don't want us to have a domestic energy policy because it will be bad for their business. When I get elected president the oil companies are not going to like me.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:31 PM

Gas around here is 3.89, I fill up with V-Power at Shell. X.X

Gregg, you're definitely right, these gas companies always put it in our faces how many billions they've made at our expense.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:32 PM

My energy policy I think would be simple. I want to see solar panels on every roof top. In fact I'd like to see roof shingles invented that seal the roof and also act like solar panels. There are lots of areas in the country that get enough energy from the sun that they could be self sufficient energy wise and send excess power back to the power grid. Solar energy is free energy. We just need to harness it. The sun shines where it shines whether you harness that power or you don't. This technology already exists. I want to see wind turbines set up to harness the power of the wind. Again this is free energy. The wind is going to blow whether we harness it or not. I want to see more hydro power generation stations. Again free energy. Water is going to flow whether or not we harness it's energy. I also want to see more nuclear generating stations. This energy is not free but efficient.

We have enough oil under the USA to power us for hundreds of years that has not been drilled. Part of this is because of the EPA and partly because the oil companies can't fabricate reasons to jack up prices on domestically produced oil. They would prefer to continue dealing with the Arabs and all their issues. We need to build new refineries and produce our own gas and oil for owe own use only. I would also end the production of ethanol. There is nothing about it that makes sense other than we can produce energy from corn.
With the above policies we should use electricity for our heating and cooling needs and it would be cheaper than burning oil. The only need for gas and oil would be for transportation. I would also like to see natural gas used for transportation as well. Electric cars would be good for local commuter travel and charging stations would be as common as parking meters.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Gregg, I think you should get a few hundred campaign bumper stickers/window clings and start sending them to all the MCF members to get your name out there for the next election!!!

I have $50 to contribute to your campaign......'

almost forgot, I hate gas prices also......

Last edited by monte carlo 3831; 02-15-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:40 PM

I'm voting for Gregg!
Funny thing about wind turbines though...They're going up like crazy near where I live, but apparently the power goes out of state and our electric bills are NOT going down, in fact mine is going up next month, I don't know how many percent right now. WTF? Why isn't the electricity from these things staying in-state and lowering our bills? GREED, I would say.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:52 PM

Gregg, one can only dream.
These fools in office have too much dollar bills shoved in their ears to listen to common sense.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Gregg, one can only dream.
These fools in office have too much dollar bills shoved in their ears to listen to common sense.
You are correct. My bet is that we are going to have four more years of more of the same. At this point it looks like the election will be Obama VS Romney. Either way it's a bunch of lip service to get elected. They will continue to cater to the special interests and jobs will continue to disappear. I think as long as we still have the vote, Americans will be tired enough of the establishment to elect someone who isn't part of the establishment.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
Gregg, I think you should get a few hundred campaign bumper stickers/window clings and start sending them to all the MCF members to get your name out there for the next election!!!

I have $50 to contribute to your campaign......'

almost forgot, I hate gas prices also......
Chris thank you. After I get an account set up for campaign contributions I will let you know. If you are still interested in making a contribution it would be appreciated. After the current election I will get stickers and clings printed and distributed to all that are interested. I will also need to get signatures on petitions to get on the ballot in all fifty states. I know in some states I need 50,000 signatures and they are valid for four years.

Old 02-16-2012, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by KJRich
I'm voting for Gregg!
Funny thing about wind turbines though...They're going up like crazy near where I live, but apparently the power goes out of state and our electric bills are NOT going down, in fact mine is going up next month, I don't know how many percent right now. WTF? Why isn't the electricity from these things staying in-state and lowering our bills? GREED, I would say.
Kerry that is one of the issues. If left unchecked the special interest will take control of all these power sources and sell to the highest bidder at the expense of the American people. I plan on making sure that doesn't happen. I will have a lot of back peddling to do to fix all the wrongs from previous administrations.

Quick Reply: ~> Higher Gas Prices <~>`Rant; 2/15/12