Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~ CARS - WTF ? GM + More : )~

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: ~ CARS - WTF ? GM + More : )~

[align=center]
Road Test: Chevrolet Trailblazer Twin-Turbo
GM's 400-hp concept SUV hits 60 mph in 5.35 sec.[/align]
Click below link for complete test [:-]
[align=center][/align][/align][/align]

Old 07-27-2007, 07:45 AM

Popular Mechanics and the C7 Corvette
[/align]

[/align]Popular Mechanics has published an article by Jim Dunne, well known as one of the premier automotive spy photographers, purporting to provide the real scoop on the infamous Corvette “Blue Devil,” also sometimes referred to as the “SS.” It’s expected as a 2008 model. Most of the article is a rehash of information that’s been written, posted, and published elsewhere. There is one interesting piece of actual news, however. According to the article, consistently with (...)
Posted on 07.16.2007 13:00 by Ralph Kalal
Filed in:
Chevrolet | Spy Shots and Rendering | chevrolet Corvette

[/align][/align]Chevy Volt hits the road
[/align]

[/align]According to a report in the Detroit Free Press, engineers developing a lithium ion battery system for the car have been driving a rough prototype models as part of the development program. The disclosure came in testimony before a Congressional committee last week by David Vieau, chief executive officer of A123 Systems. His company is developing lithium ion batteries designed to be used in the Volt. A General Motors spokesman, Brian Corbett, stated that the Volts currently being (...)
Posted on 07.15.2007 14:30 by Ralph Kalal
Filed in:
Chevrolet | electric cars | Chevrolet Volt

[/align][/align]2011 El Camino?
[/align]

[/align]Could Chevrolet revive the El Camino as a 2011 model? There has been much speculation that the half car-half truck vehicle from the sixties and seventies could make a return to America because Holden, GM’s Australian subsidiary and creator of the new Zeta platform Pontiac G8, successfully markets these vehicles in Australia. “Down under,” such vehicles are very popular and are generically called “utes.” Speculation that there would be a US “ute” has increased because Holden is about (...)
Posted on 07.9.2007 03:54 by Ralph Kalal
Filed in:
Chevrolet | pickup trucks

[/align][/align][URL=http://www.topspeed.com/cars/chevrolet/2008-chevrolet-malibu-hybrid-ar3

Old 07-27-2007, 12:48 PM

Member's what do you think ? Yes - No ?

Old 07-27-2007, 02:12 PM

The back kind of reminds me of a 1962 Impala.It is a neat concept,but seeing how the public is shying away from 2 doors,I doubt GM would try to market it.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:24 PM

WoW, David, my grandfatherwas just read my post
before your post,
and said the same thing you posted.
You also know your cars.
I like the El Camino's, & hope GM considers `it.
Thanks for your post : )

Old 07-27-2007, 04:45 PM

Hmm.. I like it, but I think its going to be a niche vehicle, just like the SSR.. Id buy one.

Old 08-01-2007, 12:08 PM

[center]Section: General Motors

GM Pondering Korean-Built Minicars For North America?
Filed Under: Concept Cars, Trends, Economy Cars, Hatchbacks, New York Auto Show, General Motors, Daewoo, Future Vehicles, Environmental/Green July 31st, 2007 6:23 PM [/b]8 Comments[/b]

Perhaps confirming what we already knew, General Motors is officially admitting that it is taking a long, hard look at offering an Asian-sourced minicar in North America.
General Motors tested the city car waters with a trio of concepts at the New York Auto Show, and its Korean partner Daewoo has apparently been charged with building its new mini cars over the next “couple of years.” Whether they will make it to North America remains something of an open question, but with increasing federal and societal pressures to “go green,” a small car for America and Canada is very much on the table.

+ The Car Connection: GM May Bring Over Korean Minicars
[/align]
Report: Solstice Coupe Cometh, CAFE Threatening Pontiac Plans
Filed Under: Coupes, Crossovers, Sedans, General Motors, Pontiac, Future Vehicles July 31st, 2007 10:56 AM [/b][URL=http://news.windingroad.com/bod

Old 08-13-2007, 12:28 PM

Future Corvette ZR-1 Below
Chevrolet Volt will get Lithium-Ion Battery Cell[/align][/align]

[/align]General Motors Corp. and A123Systems, Inc. will co-develop cells with A123System's nanophosphate battery chemistry for a long-lasting, safe and powerful battery for use in GM’s electric drive E-Flex system. The agreement is expected to expedite the development of the batteries for both electric plug-in vehicles and fuel cell variants of the E-Flex architecture. "Breakthrough battery technology will drive future automotive propulsion, and the company that aligns with the best (...)
Posted on 08.9.2007 20:00 by Simona Alina
Filed in: Chevrolet | electric cars | Chevrolet Volt

[/align][/align]
The El Camino[/align][/align]

[/align]Jalopnik recently featured a clapped out ’72 El Camino. It was yellow, a 2 bbl 350. Mine was a ’71. It, too, had the 350, with a two barrel. Mine had a 2.56 rear, the economy axle. It was perfect when I saw it on the lot. In the day, I worked for the local Chevy dealer. Today, my position is called a “lot attendant.” But, I was the “lot boy.” But I worked for the dealer, which meant that I got to buy anything on the lot, other than a Corvette, for fifty bucks (...)
Posted on 08.6.2007 11:00 by Ralph Kalal
Filed in: Chevrolet | funny

[/align][/align]
"Blue Devin" in 2009 – C7 in 2012[/align][/align]

[/align]The infamous “Blue Devil” Corvette, the one that is supposed to pack 650 hp, will be on the market as a 2009 model. It will have styling differentiation from other Corvettes and will sell for $100,000. In other words, GM is doing the ZR-1 over again. For those smart enough to give the C6 on steroids a pass, there remains hope. The next real Corvette, the C7, is supposed to debut in 2012, as a 2013 model. According to Automotive News, as related from Rick Conti Corvette, (...)

Old 08-13-2007, 01:17 PM

[align=center]
CHEVROLET NEWS ARTICLES[/align]
[/align]08.13 New Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Revealed [/align] [/align]06.25 New Face for 2008 Chevrolet Matiz [/align] [/align]05.16 Chevy Sequel Drives Into History Books [/align] [/align]04.27 2008 Corvette: New 436hp 6.2L LS3 Engine [/align] [/align]04.20 Chevrolet Volt With E-Flex Propulsion System [/align] [/align]04.11 Exclusive Ron Fellows Edition Corvette Available in UK [/align] [/align]04.04 Chevrolet Unveils 3 New Concepts at New York Auto Show [/align] [/align]04.03 Chevrolet HHR Panel Van Wrap Stars [/align] [/align]03.30 Chevrolet Uplander Taxi Van at NYIAS [/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 08-21-2007, 03:54 PM

[align=center]Section: General Motors
Hydrogen-Power to the People
Filed Under: Sport Utility Vehicles, Chevrolet, General Motors, Automotive News, Alternative Propulsion, Hydrogen, Environmental/Green August 21st, 2007 10:25 AM [/b]5 Comments[/b]

Will Ferrell might be getting the keys to the H7, but he won’t be the only Californian who’s comped a hydrogen-powered vehicle.
Starting this month, GM will be looking for drivers in California, New York, and Washington D.C. to sample a slice of the future in fuel-cell versions of its Chevy Equinox.
100 examples of the SUV will be provided to testers at virtually no cost as part of GM’s Project Driveway program, in what figures to be the largest real world test of fuel cell vehicles.

In geographic areas picked for there proximity to hydrogen fueling stations, the program will give owners the chance to live with the realities of a fuel cell SUV. Providing economy equivalent to 50 mpg on gasoline the green Equinox should have a useful range of about 200 miles, comply with government safety standards, and produce water vapor as its only emission.
Potential hydrogen guinea pigs should check out Chevy’s website for further info.
+ Popular Science: Free Hydrogen-Powered Cars for Good Homes
The Hundred Million Dollar Malibu
Filed Under: Marketing/Advertising, Sedans, North American International Auto Show, Chevrolet, General Motors, Future Vehicles, Automotive News August 16th, 2007 3:34 PM [/b]22 Comments[/b]

[b]GM is placing a $100 million bet on Malibu. Searching for a credible reentry to the sedan

Quick Reply: ~ CARS - WTF ? GM + More : )~