Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* Sad News: Batman Movie Shooting *

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[QUOTE=turbo monte;479534]
Originally Posted by Possum

by me conceal carrying is not harming anyone IMO if anything possibly preventing alot of harm to innocent people and me. this case right here is a perfect example.
Wow... I absolutely admire and respect the United States in a great many things except the out-dated, unnecessary, and absolutely ridiculous notion in a modern society that the right to bear arms is absolute... The highest murder rate in the G20 using firearms is in the United States... Why? Criminals will always be able to aquire weapons, but why in gods name are assault weapons & hand guns a right except in the hands of authority that are trained to protect and serve... We have a great deal of hunting guns in Canada and very few murders, why? We cannot purchase hand guns or assault rifles unless we go through a tremeandous amount of red tape... We cannot under any circumstances carry a concealed weapon, we leave that to the authorities whom we have entrusted to protect us against people who do... If you doubt the statistics, watch Columbine, if you still doubt it, Google the info for comparison... We are all better than these barbaric practices and need to evolve as a society... Just my opinion...

Last edited by Crusader SS; 07-20-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

and you think by banning pistols and assault rifles it will lower the rate? i highly doubt it because there will always be the black market for criminals to buy them and do what they want. the only ones it would stop from owning them is innocent people like me that are the sane ones to own them. i collect, shoot for fun, and conceal and will not change that for a second. IMO if you take our right to carry away then it makes it easier for the criminals to get what they want and not have to worry about there life when robbing etc because they know the other guy doesnt have one. IMO just leads to more robberies etc.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Originally Posted by turbo monte
and you think by banning pistols and assault rifles it will lower the rate? i highly doubt it because there will always be the black market for criminals to buy them and do what they want. the only ones it would stop from owning them is innocent people like me that are the sane ones to own them. i collect, shoot for fun, and conceal and will not change that for a second. IMO if you take our right to carry away then it makes it easier for the criminals to get what they want and not have to worry about there life when robbing etc because they know the other guy doesnt have one. IMO just leads to more robberies etc.
With all due respect, statistics don't lie, please check them out... G20 Nations with the highest rate of gun controls have less murders per capita... This fact is irrefutable... I by no means doubt your a good person, my dad owns a rifle and a shot gun, I own a shot gun for sport and shoot skeet... There is a better way...

Old 07-21-2012, 02:03 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Pretty sure this guy would have done this whether guns were legal or not.

Also I was listening to a radio show about this and I completely agree with them. They did not say the shooters name, and said no one else should. This is exactly what he wants, he is in the spotlight for his actions, as gruesome as they were. He made himself famous and it's what he wanted. At least he wasn't such a coward that he shot himself afterwards, and will get full punishment.

Nevermind, he will plead insanity and be out on bail in 20 years.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Default evil in the world

This was a act of just pure evil. We will probaly never get a full explanation as to why he decided to play fantasy vilian but satan got into this young man's mind and did this. One more reason why our country and society needs to keep God in our lives instead of removing him just because of out of fear of ..." not wanting to offend anyone"... That's crap !

I enjoy action movies as much as the next person but movie makers and video game producers seem to glorify killing more and more..... Why ?

And what is a 6yr old and a infant doing out soooo Late ? Stay Home parents if you can't find a baby sitter !

Pray for the families of the victims.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:45 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds like this guy got what he wanted. Fame. He'll be one of those mass murderers you see on A&E specials. I think we need to quit giving these killers the fame they crave.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:56 AM

Damn. I think it's time for a separate thread on the Second Amendment.

Old 07-22-2012, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Damn. I think it's time for a separate thread on the Second Amendment.
It would be interesting - but please read "Politics on this site", listed on the Forum main page.