Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* Sad News: Batman Movie Shooting *

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 07:21 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy * Sad News: Batman Movie Shooting *

Hi Member's

I find it very sad that there is so much Evil in our World
I just heard about the below sad event.
So many did not get a 2morrow
A fun event turns in2 a sad event
Your thoughts ?

Last edited by Space; 07-20-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: A place 4 members 2 Vent & post their thoughts about this sad event
Old 07-20-2012, 07:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I say goes through people's minds these days.

Innocent people just out for some fun and some crazy pulls this stunt.

Sad indeed.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

They've been reporting this story on the news all morning. Very sad indeed. The latest I heard is they downgraded deaths to 12 and wounded to 38, but that's still too many innocent victims. Those figures don't reflect lives of the relatives and friends that will also be affected by this. The gunman told police he has explosives in his residence so the entire apartment building where he lives in has been evacuated.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:10 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

This is a very sad news story.

Something that shocked me in the midst of the whole situation, a baby was wounded. He is only 3 months old.

This is a midnight showing... C'MON PARENTS!

Old 07-20-2012, 08:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

A very sad news story. WHY..

Old 07-20-2012, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by zjerry

Hi `Jerry, I sure don't know why ? For me it's a reminder that there are many out there in our World that we must be cautious of as we travel our journey of human life..

A reminder to not take each new day 4-granted & to extract as much from each day as we can ? What `if ?

This incident can happen to anyone, at anytime, anywhere I see people like this on the highways every time I drive They are accidents just waiting to happen..
Their cars are weapons that can hurt/kill many & yet they are still out there ?

To me, it's a reminder to live my present, my now & to make sure I let the people I love, know that I love them..It's another sad reminder to all that human life is fragile..To me it's another reminder to live, to love & to pursue happiness
while I travel my journey of life...That is what I extract from sad/horrific events that occur in our World.
I want to depart Earth with No Regrets b-4 I return to another space out there ?

Wish you & member's a Safe/Happy New Day-Life.
EnJoy your `present of this new day....

Last edited by Space; 07-20-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:04 AM

I heard about it on Twitter right when it happened at 5AM this morning. Absolutely shocking, horrify, disgusting. I could go on. The victims and their families are in my prayers for sure.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
This is a very sad news story.

Something that shocked me in the midst of the whole situation, a baby was wounded. He is only 3 months old.

This is a midnight showing... C'MON PARENTS!
That's what I thought. I mean, really? You're bringing your 3 month old with you? Couldn't find a baby sitter? Or just wanted the novelty of your child being able to say they were at the very first screening of the new Batman movie?

Originally Posted by zjerry
I'm not making light of this tragedy. Which it is. But ironically, a good explanation comes from the last Batman movie, The Dark Knight.

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Whether this guy had some kind of twisted dilusion of becoming a movie-style villain, and looking go out in a blaze of glory; and get himself on world-wide television at the same time. Or this guy just had mental issues. Who knows. We may get an explanation soon enough.

All we can really do right now is pray for the victims and the families.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:33 AM

This was the first thing I read about this morning. So sad. Trying to go out and enjoy a movie and something like this happens. You do have to wonder what pushes a person to do things like this. I totally agree with what Chibi said what are you thinking taking a 3 month old to a midnight showing???

Old 07-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

got in my car after work this morning and im listening to bits of this story and i paused for a minute.... Absolutely rediculous. Crazy what people do. And it said he was a rather quiet person who kept to himself. Always seems to be that kind of person.

Quick Reply: * Sad News: Batman Movie Shooting *