Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

* Sad News: Batman Movie Shooting *

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

'Batman' shooting suspect tells police he is 'The Joker'

Associated Press | Updated: July 21, 2012 03:32 IST

Denver: New York City's police commissioner says the gunman in the Colorado movie theatre rampage had painted his hair red and called himself the Joker - the villain from the Batman movies.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said Friday that he had been briefed about the shootings that killed 12 and wounded nearly 60 others at a showing of the new Batman movie "The Dark Knight Rises" at a suburban Denver theatre.

I say that he is one really messed `up sick human being.
As I pray for the victim's & their families, I also pray that there are not copy cats out there to repeat this type of action.

I hope this subject is confined for `life & that the professionals can extract the reasons for his horrendous murderous acts of violence. Maybe it can reveal others out there that have these serious problems..

"Human Life is fragile" We must learn from these horrors, but continue to live & seek out the best & good in life..
Peace/Out from `Space

Old 07-20-2012, 04:32 PM

Yes, he is obviously one messed-up, sick "human" being, Space. But what I don't understand is how someone like this could also be a Ph.D candidate for a Science degree???!!!

Old 07-20-2012, 05:22 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
This is a very sad news story.

Something that shocked me in the midst of the whole situation, a baby was wounded. He is only 3 months old.

This is a midnight showing... C'MON PARENTS!
The mother of the child also had a 4yr old there also.......WHY

Old 07-20-2012, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
The mother of the child also had a 4yr old there also.......WHY

Because they didn't know any better ? Because entertainment was more important then their child ?
Because they couldn't afford a babysitter ? Because they are Stupid people ? (or all of the above)
I find it very sad 4-Sure

ABC News
Jamie Rohrs and Patricia Legarreta had their baby and toddler in tow while they watched a midnight viewing of "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora, Colo., when James Holmes allegedly entered and shot at least 12 people to death.
More below : (

http://abcnews.go.com/US/couple-colo...ry?id=16821447

Old 07-20-2012, 07:19 PM

The guy had his place wired so that Loud Techno music would go off and a explosive deviced wire to the door it was to go off when someone called the Police to complained about the music and the opened the door.

This was to happen a little before he started shooting so the Police would be tied up with that. But I guess no one called the Police. The Police had a camera that saw the device through a window. Last I heard they could not disarm and may explode it with the Fire Dept there. He really planned this out....crazy world these days!

Old 07-20-2012, 08:15 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

It was horrible news - and I too agree with everyone else - who the heck brings a 3 month old to a midnight showing?

Old 07-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

some people in this world are really messed up in the head and its sickening.

i was sitting at the club last night with some friends and we were talking about the new gun i bought and the new gun i bought my gf along with all of my other guns i have and someone from the other side of the bar looks at me and goes "why do you own all them guns? do you feel insecure or do you think they make you tough?" i couldnt help but look at them and give many reasons y i have my guns and also conceal carry a gun.

hit and paralyzed suffering animals on the side of the road is one of the main reasons i carry. also it is my second amendment right and i am a firm believer if you dont use it you will lose it.

but also in a instance like this tragedy if there was someone that was conceal carrying maybe the person could of put this guy down and saved a lot of lives and people from being wounded including his/her own.

everyone affected by this tragedy i hope the best for and are in my prayers!

Last edited by turbo monte; 07-20-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Absolutely Monsterous... Innocent people cut down for no other reason than being in the wrong place at the wrong time... As for the infant, let's not judge too harshly lest we be judged...

Old 07-20-2012, 10:18 PM

[quote=turbo monte;479526] also it is my second amendment right and i am a firm believer if you dont use it you will lose it.

Yes, that's true. And it is your First Amendment right to stand up in a crowded theater and yell "Fire" just for the fun of it. But WOULD YOU DO IT???

To have the right to do something is not the same as being right in doing it.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

[QUOTE=Possum;479533]
Originally Posted by turbo monte
also it is my second amendment right and i am a firm believer if you dont use it you will lose it.

Yes, that's true. And it is your First Amendment right to stand up in a crowded theater and yell "Fire" just for the fun of it. But WOULD YOU DO IT???

To have the right to do something is not the same as being right in doing it.
by me conceal carrying is not harming anyone IMO if anything possibly preventing alot of harm to innocent people and me. this case right here is a perfect example.

Quick Reply: * Sad News: Batman Movie Shooting *