New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Vibration Noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 06:18 AM
Default Vibration Noise

I bought an 05 Monte Carlo LT with about 55k right before I deployed to Iraq. I have always been a GM fan and I love my Monte. Too bad its not an L67 though. But anyways, whenever I turn slightly to the left at a certain speed around 35mph I hear a strange whomping vibration sound. I can feel it through the steering wheel and it sounds like the tires,but I have no idea what it is. So I bought front and rear drilled/slotted rotors just in case they were warped because it was also shaking when I hit the brakes. I dont think that was the only problem though because it would make that noise when I would turn. I was reading about the ISS problem and I believe that may be it according to how it was described. I will try greasing up that and see if it works. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know! Maybe the tires had flat spots too, but the alignment was fine so its not that. Oh and yeah I had to buy some Hawk brake pads to go with the rotors!

Old 09-13-2009, 06:55 AM

First off, Welcome to the MCF it's always good to hear from one of our country's hero's!

Have you checked your ball joint or your tie-rod ends? have you had the trans checked for any codes?

this is all i can think of off the top of my head...

what branch of the military are you in?

i still need to pick up a set of drilled/slotted rotors, and ceramic pads...
i want to do the F-body conversion, i prefer a dual piston setup... but, my money tree is dead.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:05 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Jenkins to the MCF family. We are VERY proud to have our military service family here.

I'm guessing it's the ISS, but it could be hubs, if the car has been driven hard.

Got any pics of your car???

Old 09-13-2009, 07:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Welcome to the forum man.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:57 AM

I didnt get a chance to take any pics. I was doubting it would be the ball joints or tie rod ends cuz it has fairly low miles, but I will check it out when I can get a lift. Thanks for the support though guys. I have looked into the l67 swap and all that but I dont wanna waste my money on something thats gonna sound like **** compared to a v8 and terrorize my gas mileage. Im looking into getting headers, a u-bend delete, and some flows to make it sound good but I dont want it to sound raspy.