Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

vibration in the trunk?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Default vibration in the trunk?

vibration in the trunk? Do to the subs, you tend to get some vibration and it sounds like crap. Any suggestion on how quite it down?

Old 03-25-2006, 04:05 AM
Default RE: vibration in the trunk?

dyno mat..... or get rid of the subs lol j/p..

Old 02-23-2007, 03:17 PM

good luck on getting rid of the noise. i have put dynomat through out the whole truck plus i used the expanding foam in the rear bumper. and till cant get rid if the vibration noise.

Old 02-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

when i had them in my old car i got stick on rubber and spray glue and stuck it to the inside top of the trunk (where most the noise comes from) and theni took that spray foam insulation and filled the back bumper..and took a couple pieces of rubber and put them behind the licence plate...

this should quiet it down significantly...without a lot of cost..dynomat is expensive

Old 02-23-2007, 04:24 PM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: zipsayain

vibration in the trunk? Do to the subs, you tend to get some vibration and it sounds like crap. Any suggestion on how quite it down?
[/align][align=center]Hi Darren - ZIP -[/align][align=center]I think Mod Wiz has a good suggestion : ) with the foam.[/align][align=center]But I think I know what is vibrating in your Trunk [/align][align=center][:-]Click on Image to see what's been vibrating 2 your BadAzzSoundSystem [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/C90AA103FBB445FF9B3861E20BA56FF2.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Please let her out : ) 2 play : )[/align]

Old 02-23-2007, 05:10 PM

yeah the foam is the best way to go cause dynomat comes apart from your trunk as it absorbs the vibrations over time

Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 PM

i just have my subs facing into the interior of my car my trunk dosnt rattle at all

Old 02-24-2007, 02:08 AM

There are a couple of personal preferences to take into account here. If you're worried about adding weight (I'm assuming if you have an audio system you're not) then I'd nix the Dynamat idea and go with the spray foam. If you're not concerned about the extra weight, then certainly Dynamat will help. There are also other, less costly, options as opposed to Dynamat. A couple are RAAMmat (http://www.raamaudio.com/), or Peel N Seal. But I would highly recommend reading this article (http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/). Most times rattle can be narrowed to two sources: 1) license plate or 2) small, broken welds. Good luck!

Old 02-24-2007, 03:44 AM

it is usually the license plate or the damn subs are beating the welds on the speaker apart

Old 02-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

if you face the subs inside of the car though its not as loud as if you face them towards the back...i've always noticed this anyway.. a lot better sound quality and a little bit to bounce off of will always give them better sound...

its just personal preferance though..and to each his own...i just liked mine facing backwards

Quick Reply: vibration in the trunk?