New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Saying hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by LT1 Monte
I was just messing with you. I wanted a lighter car presently I drive a 95 Buick Roadmaster that I put a rearturbo on. It does well and freaks people out at the track but it is simply to heavy. It weighs 4400 with driver and to get it to go takes a lot of power. The same power in a Monte well the setup will be 800 - 1000 lbs lighter and I think there is plenty of room for front twins.
Yeah I was pretty much with you there. Sounds like the Monte is gonna be sweet and that 280Z is gonna be a screamer too. I have an LT1 Camaro so I know first hand the torque and power of a stock LT1, squeezing that into a Datsun and then doing the extra work on it as well....

My brother bought an 83 SS brand new and loved it until it was stolen about 8 years ago, he had hoped to refurbish it but she's long gone. After driving my Z he wanted to try to drop the LT1 in it, he too has/had a lot of ambition and very little skill to make them reality, guess it runs in the family!

Old 11-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Location: Colocated I work and live in Montgomery AL working for Air Force and have a house with my toys in TN

Originally Posted by JAFO
Yeah I was pretty much with you there. Sounds like the Monte is gonna be sweet and that 280Z is gonna be a screamer too. I have an LT1 Camaro so I know first hand the torque and power of a stock LT1, squeezing that into a Datsun and then doing the extra work on it as well....

My brother bought an 83 SS brand new and loved it until it was stolen about 8 years ago, he had hoped to refurbish it but she's long gone. After driving my Z he wanted to try to drop the LT1 in it, he too has/had a lot of ambition and very little skill to make them reality, guess it runs in the family!
LT1's are a nice setup and when they get turbo'd they flat scream...I have big dreams and it takes me a long tme to get many thins done...

that is being a guy we procrastinate

Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Welcome to the forum man.

Old 11-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Location: Colocated I work and live in Montgomery AL working for Air Force and have a house with my toys in TN

Well thank you. I hope to have a few things to post over the next few months. I have a plan for my project anyway

Old 11-05-2009, 08:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the MCF family. Looking forward to pic's of your progress.

Old 11-05-2009, 09:24 PM

Well the progress will hopefully start Saturday when I pick the Monte up.

I am hoping to get o the track next summer

Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

to know if you have a reall SS the 8th digit in the vin will have a "G" in it

Old 11-16-2009, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Donutboy97
to know if you have a reall SS the 8th digit in the vin will have a "G" in it
Well it was a real SS...Problem is there was a problem with the prior owner....

I didn't buy it so the project is definately on hold until/unless I find a Monte for the project. I had a feeling something was wrong but trusted and well now i don't have a car for the project :>(

Old 11-16-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by SpinEm_90
Heyy! Welcome to the forum!
Congrats on the awesome 4th gen!
Is it a SS or LS??? (sounds like it's an SS but i thought i'd ask anyway lol)
And around here we loveee pics =D
Interresting when I reviewed the pics the most popular picture was viewed 9 times...and to be honest I think one or two of those views were mine...

Oh well was good for a few days here anyway

Take care until I find a Monte

Old 11-16-2009, 01:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Welcome!

Quick Reply: Saying hello