New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Saying hello

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 02:05 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the site! Mikesmontes.com is a very good source for 4th gen parts.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Location: Colocated I work and live in Montgomery AL working for Air Force and have a house with my toys in TN

Great link..saddly like I said the car I wanted fell through and I have no idea when I will find a different body.

BUT I did make progress on the last project and it will be ready for the track when it reopens after Christmas. Here is a pic of the last of the piping going on. All that is left is wiring the engine, fuel pumps, line lock etc.

Attached Thumbnails Saying hello-picture-002.jpg  
Old 11-19-2009, 02:18 PM

welcome!

Old 11-21-2009, 06:29 PM
Location: Colocated I work and live in Montgomery AL working for Air Force and have a house with my toys in TN

Thanks...I am looking at another car tommorrow not a Monte but an LS. I'm not sure the differences accept that it has column shift on I'm sure the 305 has less power and maybe a 3 speed not 4 speed auto.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Default Hopefully I will buy this car tomorrow

Here is the lastest possible car for me

Attached Thumbnails Saying hello-z.jpg   Saying hello-zz.jpg   Saying hello-zzz.jpg   Saying hello-zzzz.jpg  
Old 11-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Default Bought her

I bought the car and will bring it home 5 Dec...

Old 11-30-2009, 04:24 PM

I wrote an application a couple years ago that allows you to 'what if' your cars performance. You enter your current hp and weight and then see what if I had this much hp and weighed X. I have used the application for a couple years and will post the program here if there is interest. The program is not really to determine your exact HP but used to compare two times.

ie lets say I add a cold air intake and headers and go from 14.5 to 14.3 how much hp did I gain? It allows you to get relative improvements and allow you to evaluate say taking out a back seat and what improvement to expect at the track.

I will upload it later tonight if there is any interest. Also give me a common vehicle weight and expected et quarter or eighth. I change the program defaults to those values.

Thanks

Old 12-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow, nice buy! you could make an awsome sleeper out of that one. a cold air intake is AMAZINGLY simple to do on cars like that, i fabbed one up when i had my '84 oldsmobile. you just run an intake tube ( i used this flexable OEM type stuff i had) from the snorkle on the air cleaner housing down into the fenderwell... or behind the grille somewheres for a ram air setup

Old 12-01-2009, 08:56 PM

It will be quite a sleeper thats part of the attraction to a basic car like that. I pick it up Saturday and plan to drive it for a while then start modifying it. It will have twin turbos and ~600+ with a 4L80E to make it quite driveable.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:06 PM

Twin turbos? Awesome! Once done you got to post videos !

Quick Reply: Saying hello