New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New member in RI!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 11:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
Default RE: New member in RI!

yeah, to make sure i stop and look both ways at that intersection where that dumbass ran the stop sign :-D

seriously though, i love love love it the way it is but there are a couple things i would like to do to it, cosmetic mostly. firstly i would love to get a new radio unit, one with the navigation system built in so i don't have to keep grabbing my garmin off the floor at stoplights when it falls out of the cupholder (my boss lost my windshield mount). i've seen some good deals on a couple of different models but i don't have the money right now to buy a $5 or $600 unit. i also worry about an aftermarket unit being compatible with the steering wheel controls but i've seen a few pics on here of others cars' similar to mine that have aftermarket radios so i don't assume it'll be an issue, as long as i have it done professionally.

i never thought about it before i saw it here but i absolutely love the idea of the led lights on the inside of the car. i'd love to get them for just illuminating the drivers and passengers under-dash areas. that looks so rad!! (yes i still say rad - and dope - so shoot me! ) i had also originally wanted to get the neon light kit for under the car.

i would also like to get the front license plate cover because it wasnt included when i bought the car. we are supposed to use front and rear plates but for the first 3 months i had the car i only had a plate on the back and no one said boo. i priced it from the dealership for about $125 for the stewart one; i'm sure i could get the plain black one cheaper and just buy a decal to put on it too.

i'm sure there were some other things, but mostly small stuff that i just haven't gotten around to yet. i haven't thought about doing anything performace-wise because it's all the horses i need! any more and i'd get a damn ticket every day. someday i'd like to shed the 'lady lead foot' nickname... but not with this car!!

glad you like the sig - thanks!!!

Old 02-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum Jamie-Lynn!

Congrats on owning a rare (#460 of 2,020 made) Tony Stewart edition Monte Carlo Supercharged SS.

One thing I would suggest is that when you get the stripe kit to replace the missing piece on your fender, DON'T waste the remaining pieces. I know people who own the 2003 Jeff Gordon edition Monte Carlo, who are now being told by GM that the various decals and such for their cars are no longer available. It seems that as the decals, stripes and such for all the Nascar driver editions run out of stock, anyone needing the part is out of luck.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:21 PM

hi taz, thanks for the warm welcome!! good call on that, i'll definitely keep the rest of it and not randomly decorate with it. it wouldn't make sense anyway since Stewart is in red and white now. good to know. thanks!!

...oh and, i'm #460 of *1,020* :-)

Old 02-20-2009, 09:25 PM

rnt u a lucky lady lol

Old 02-20-2009, 09:49 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

ORIGINAL: ChevySSGirl

...oh and, i'm #460 of *1,020* :-)
Oops. My info was wrong. Or my memory was wrong. I'm guessing my memory.

You certainly have the rarest of the 6th gen Montes GM produced with Nascar driver themes.

2002 Dale Earnhardt Sr. edition - 3,333 made
2003 Jeff Gordon edition - 2,424 made
2004 Intimidator (Dale Sr) edition - 4,000 made
2004 Dale Earnhardt Jr. edition -2,883 made
2005 Tony Stewart edition - 1,020 made

Moderator Wiz Kidd used to own a Tony Stewart edition as well. When I bought my Dale Jr edition, the dealership just got posession of a Tony Stewart edition the day I picked up my car. Very cool car.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:55 PM

the dealership where i got mine now actually has the intimidator edition, i noticed the other day. i haven't seen one of those yet in person, i might go up there and check it out just for s&g. if i was rich i'd buy it for my dad, dale was his favorite driver and we could have dueling montes. racing my dad down the highway, now that would be fun!

it is definitely a cool thing to know my car is as rare as it is. i wonder why they made so few of them compared to the others? also, with yours, any idea as to why "2,883"? the "8" makes sense but otherwise it seems like a rather random number.

side note, completely off topic, but i love the tony stewart old spice commercial. "she's from russia." gold.

Old 02-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I really don't know what the significance of 2883 is. I thought maybe it was the amount of points he got the previous year, but I found out that's not the case. Oh, well.

A couple of days ago I saw an Old Spice commercial that starts out with a group of teens at a mall. Everyone except for one gets on an escalator with no problem. One teen stands at the bottom of the escalator afraid to get on. Cut to Tony Stewart sitting on the hood of his racecar. Tony says, "That was me before I started using Old Spice".

Old 02-20-2009, 10:16 PM

that's the one!! it was on as i was typing. i expect a good number of funny *** Stewart/Old Spice commercials in the next couple of years.