New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New member from Minnesota: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS #2627 Dale Jr.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum man!

Congrats on your rare Dale Jr edition. You should have tons of fun driving and modding it!

Old 03-25-2010, 04:41 PM

Welcome, lovely rides you have there.
Showroom floor- condition.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by #2627
Thanks! Those numbers sound just about what i'm looking for. I don't want to intercool it, cuz i know how much those intercoolers can run after ROUSHcharging the Mustang. I'll have 450hp there, so i'm not looking to turn the Monte into a BEAST! Just looking for a few things and for under 1K that all sounds exactly what i'm looking for. And what about exhaust... ?? What's a decent sounding, performing exhaust to go with everything??

Thanks for all the assistance, VERY MUCH, appreciated!
I found the GMPP upgrade exhaust available at any GM dealer sounds great and turns out to be a Magnaflow stainless cat back system including all the stainless strap clamps, nice system and the price won't kill ya either. check it here

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...umber=12498617

Beautiful car collection you have started, welcome to the forum

Aaron

Old 03-25-2010, 10:47 PM

Thanks for the welcome gentleman, glad to be aboard!

That's an AWESOME exhaust! AND it's GM! Great find, I might just pick that up... looking for something with just a little bit of a sound. First mods will be a ZZP CAI, exhaust and a new red/black carbon fiber dash kit.
And the gentleman who did my Stang engine bay airbrushing will be doing my Monte's plenum cover.
It's hard getting mods for BOTH cars, going back and forth....

I've been waiting to hear from the administrator, AWESOME Dale Jr. with a LOW production number!! I want to ask all the current Dale Jr. owners to share what mods they have on their cars... if you don't mind. I would like to do just a few simple bolt on mods and keep it simple. I just really, really like the car cosmetically. From the moment I saw mine on the lot, I KNEW I had to have it. I've just always been a fan of the style: the lines, the stripes, the rims... and it's RED... with a SUPERCHARGER!

I look forward to reading and learning more. It wasn't until I purchased my Stang that I found out how much these forums are such an amazing asset... If I would have known about a forum with my last Monte (2002 LS) I probably would have done quite a bit more with it, I might even still have it today... I appreciate all the help that you guys here at the forum offers, it's greatly appreciated. Glad to be aboard!

Old 03-26-2010, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the welcome gentleman, glad to be aboard!
Careful, dont offend the ladies out there! :p

Old 03-26-2010, 07:20 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

I would like to do just a few simple bolt on mods and keep it simple. I just really, really like the car cosmetically. From the moment I saw mine on the lot, I KNEW I had to have it. I've just always been a fan of the style: the lines, the stripes, the rims... and it's RED... with a SUPERCHARGER!

That was pretty much the same feeling I had when I first saw mine sitting on the lot of a Chevy dealership. Couldn't afford it the first time I saw it. But about a year later, it was still there unsold. Dealership used mine as a demo model. Didn't sell until I bought it in 2007.

Other than a K&N drop in filter, mine is stock. For now. I got the SLP upper grill, and plan to install it when it warms up around here.

Other planned mods:
-paint lower grill gloss black to match the ground effects and trim
-CAI (leaning toward Wizaired)
-exhaust system (not sure which one yet)
-black headlight assy.

But mods are currently on hold until I get some bills paid off. Since my employment future isn't certain right now.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:22 PM

My apologies...(correction) LADIES and gentlemen....

Old 03-26-2010, 07:27 PM

PLEASE be sure to post pics of the SLP upper grille, as I too am contemplating doing one. Is it gonna be red or black?
I also want to do the ICWP ruby red tailights.
I also plan on a ZZP CAI (i have the K&N drop in as well) and exhaust for sure, hopefully during the summer.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

The picture below is not of my car. Belongs to someone I know on another forum. He bought the SLP lower grill insert as well. Simply sticks on with some 3M tape. I'm opting to paint my lower grill.

But when complete, my grills will look like this:

Old 03-28-2010, 09:51 AM

^ What a sexy shot.

Quick Reply: New member from Minnesota: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Supercharged SS #2627 Dale Jr.