New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New guy from NY

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Default RE: New guy from NY

Hey 'Space,
I will get some better pics of my SS on here showing the rear window tint w/the Bowtie logo in it but it will be awhile,probably late March/early April before it comes out from under its cover in the garage. I've decided to go ahead with the Magnaflow cat back & the K&N air intake system. I also talked to a guy yesterday that owns a local "tuner shop".He has a nice Dynojet chassis dyno and uses HP Tuner software. My SS is going there after the exhaust and intake are installed.He's going to change a few things using the HP Tuner software program and do several pulls on the dyno to dial everything in. I'm hoping I can wring 320-330 horsepower outta this SS! That should take care ofmost of those pesky 5 liter Mustangs that roam around this area. Maybe I'll throw a bottle in the trunk as alittle insurance policy if the need arises!!
Steve

Old 02-06-2008, 12:11 AM

Steve, Gains of20-30 HPshould be easy on that V8! The open exhaust and intake should increase mileage as well, as long as you keep out of the throttle of course, lol!

I know I didn't feel much of a difference with my Drop in air filter, but it's still extremely hard to keep out of the throttle just the same. The 3.9 Litre's dual peak torque curve just beggs to be utilized time after time after time... lol

I've been looking at exhaust updates as well, but I hate to lose the advantage of the variable intake. But, pretty soon I'll probably give up on anticipating the difference and just do it, lmao
I suppose a shop with a good tuner could modify the RPM at which the variable intake activates but ahh, I really wanna hear that intake growl, lol.

Let us know as things progress! Oh, and if possible-don't forget to do a stock dyno run before doing the modsso you know exactly how much you gained, and where it was gained.

Old 02-08-2008, 07:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome Steve from NY to the Monte Carlo Forum. Your 32 years as a tech will be a VALUABLE asset to this forum. I'm glad you have found us, and I hope you find us to be like family to you. We are GENERALLY a friendly group here, with little or no bashing going on. If you want bashing, there are other Monte forums out there that seem to pride themselves in that. I've been a member of ALL the Monte forums for sometime now, but THIS is THE only Monte forum I hang at. I bought my wife LadyT an '07 Solstice GXP for Christmas, so I do tend to hang at a couple of Solstice forums, also, but I stay out of the "off topic" areas there, cause they can get rowdy.
You have a VERY rare Monte. I like the silver stripes, and have contemplated charcoal stripes on the Intimidator SS, but then that would take away from the "stealth" look I have gone for. We also have no kids and are a family of 4 GM vehicles, and also live in lake effect snow, from Lake Michigan.
Welcome

Old 02-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Welcome. Very nice Monte. I'm anxious to see the bowtie in the window, bet that looks awesome.I saw one a few days ago like yours w/rally stripes, the first one I've seen like that. It definitely commands attention.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:01 AM

Welcome to the site Steve.On Monday 2-11-08 it will be exactley 2 years since I picked up my 2006 V8 SS and it is still exciting every time I drive it.I am sure you will be very happy with your 07 andget that same feeling.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

ORIGINAL: Laserblue06ss

Welcome to the site Steve.On Monday 2-11-08 it will be exactley 2 years since I picked up my 2006 V8 SS and it is still exciting every time I drive it.I am sure you will be very happy with your 07 andget that same feeling.
I bought my Intimidator on the SAME day as you got yours!

Old 02-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep

Welcome fellow Rochestarian!!!!! Very cool SS you have!!!!!