New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

New guy from Ky

Old 09-06-2018, 05:17 PM
Default New guy from Ky

Hey y'all, I'm Chris, 35 from Kentucky. I own an '01' Monte SS 3.8 NA. Gave $1,500 for it last year, and until very recently it has been a wonderful car. She's sitting at 225k miles, now so trouble was expected. But daayyuummm.....within the last two months, the wheel sensors have crapped out, the shift to fourth solenoid has crapped the bed, the power steering rack started spewing from the passenger side seal.

Last week she started to die randomly, prompting me to quickly crap myself, as the first time it stalled was doing 75 on the freeway,( coasting downhill in neutral ). I hooked it to a OBD2 and and didn't get any DTC's. I did however watch the live data, and as the system switches from cold (open loop) to warm (closed loop or vise versa been a bad day!) The short term fuel trim would rage from 5-7 up to damn 20.4. Then of course it would die. What didn't fluctuate with The STFT was the OS sensor voltage. So, I figured the O2 sensor was gone and the fact the cat was bright red kind of supported that fact.

Now on to yesterday. I had to drive it, I hated it, but it is my ONLY yransportation when it is raining. Now, it ran fine, but would randomly stall when hot. Then I restated and went to drive home, it would not idle above 800 the engine had No power, and there no codes showing up. I changed the plugs and wires, and figured that would it. Well I went to change the sensor today, and it won't start at all.

Good fuel pressure, good spark, no start. I'm already bald, but iventaken to pulling my chest hair out now, because this thing is killing me. I will make a post in the help section too, I just wanted to get as much visibility to this as possible. I need help here, this thing is killing me slowly...

Last edited by KyMonteSS; 09-06-2018 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Fat thumbs/small screen!!
Old 09-06-2018, 07:34 PM

Welcome to the forums Chris, sorry to hear about the bad luck but expected when you get old and a lot of miles on you. The first thing I would be checking on your car would be the convertor since you already know it has failed, and what caused it to fail. It would explain why you have no power and limited rpm's Good luck

Old 09-08-2018, 09:34 AM

[QUOTE=Jeffs02rwdSS;713983]Welcome to the forums Chris, sorry to hear about the bad luck but expected when you get old and a lot of miles on you. The first thing I would be checking on your car would be the convertor since you already know it has failed, and what caused it to fail. It would explain why you have no power and limited rpm's Good luck[/QUOTE

The cat is gone. I sliced it out yesterday. No dice...What I did though, after ordering a new cat, was Ohm out the plug wires. Out of six new wires, all three on the rear bank wouldn't ohm. They checked as opened. So I ordered a set of 45$ plug wires from the auto parts store near here. Should vkean things up.....

Old 09-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the forum.

Search this Thread
Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.