New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

hi im the FNG

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:06 PM
Default RE: hi im the FNG

I don't know if you meant too bad, as in too bad if my son, specifically (I can only speak for me) hears the vulgarity here, as he'd hear it elsewhere anyways. If you did, that's a shame. Even if he hears it on t.v or radio, it doesn't make it okay to do it here in the "***** free" zone where you are basically representing for an entire forum and yourself. Online or not.

Granted he's heard way worse than FNG, from his peers, out in public, on the t.v and radio. And I've heard stuff that made my eyeballs bug out on the school yard. I can still appreciate when someone uses the short forms as a sheild as to not offend.

This is a car site and kids will come across it. Or rather impressionable teenagers. Because Monte Carlo's are a sports car and anyone looking for a new ride with muscle could potentially come across this site. I know that I don't want the teenagers reading what Monte Carlo enthusiasts have to say if its filled with machoism such as swearing. It gives the wrong impression of who drives these cars. We aren't young punks looking to puff up our chests and strut our stuff to our buddies. If we do that then one could assume that the Monte has something to prove.

Just how I took your comment. Had to add my 2 cents. I'm well aware of needing to make sure that I know what my kids are doing online andI do. That is why I'd said I'd let my son read the boards here. Knowledge is power and this place is full of it when it comes to cars.

~Jenna

Old 10-07-2008, 05:26 PM

look at the comment, I said THEY not HIM. I guess its a good thing we have cuss free zones in this FUBAR world huh? LOL

too bad they are gonna pick it up anyways! either it be on TV or radio

Old 10-07-2008, 05:36 PM

Well like every one else said THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
can i ask when you enlisted, and why? for why i mean for personal beliefs, its a family thing or because its you!
like everyone else pics are good.
i must say from what ive seen it seems as if monte carlo owners are not ******. but just believers. the ****** are in the stangs'

Old 10-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As someone who's on a few Monte Carlo Forums, I can tell you that the Monte does have it's share of owners who are ****** as well. But I won't get into that.

The FUBAR acronym reminded me of a former manager of mine. When we had an unrepairable part at work, we would sometimes write FUBAR on it to let the others know not to bother trying to save it. One former manager got mad and told us not to write that anymore because he claimed it was vulgar. We disagreed, but he said his mind was made up. Period. Oh well.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:42 PM

Now, we all must drop and give Chris 50 for messing with his thread

~Jenna

Old 10-07-2008, 07:48 PM

I joined so that the war would stay over there and not poor into our backyards. I enlisted 21 March 2006.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:43 AM

i misspelled pour.. hahaha i think thats how i should put it oh well