New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

Hey Ya'all! Gotta love the Monte, right?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2020, 06:26 AM
Default Hey Ya'all! Gotta love the Monte, right?

Name is Sonja. I live in Colorado and have an 03 SS, i bought from Craigslist, of all places, but have been a big fan of these sexy mobiles for years! Might be dreaded curse to have all love for just Monte, so, I also have a pickup to do the bitch work. Bought my MC in Sept. last year and she definitely has to be loved! So far, an awesome ride with a few "personality" traits! I mean attitude! Did a transaxle (cv) on the passenger side but gotta a couple questions. So I'll start out slow and fix her as I go! I had started the wicked shimmy of the transaxle with what I thought might have been motor mounts. While I was changing them, I seen there are 4 with 6 pieces. I'm referring to the 2 upper mounts with this question.

What's all the fuss about flipping the dogbones? Does it hold it better? Mine aren't flipped and the devilish 3.8 kicks just fine, so clarification, if anyone knows, please!

SUPER SPORT. HELL YEAH!

Old 02-18-2020, 07:30 AM

Its not flipping the dogbones themselves its the poly insert inside (square piece) that you flip. It just helps sudden acceleration in the smallest bit.. Makes the car feel a little more connected to the engine.

With the age of these cars tho, you may do more damage than good by ripping them due to dry rot. If its something youre really interested in, check out ZZP's poly mounts. Nice easy mod imo..

Old 02-19-2020, 06:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum Sonja.
My Daughter and son in law live in Colorado Springs. Great place always a great photo shoot for me.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:32 PM
Default Yes!

Yes! Gorgeous for photos! Thank you, also!

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum Sonja.
My Daughter and son in law live in Colorado Springs. Great place always a great photo shoot for me.
es!

Old 02-21-2020, 02:34 PM
Default Oh ok!

Originally Posted by wht02monte
Its not flipping the dogbones themselves its the poly insert inside (square piece) that you flip. It just helps sudden acceleration in the smallest bit.. Makes the car feel a little more connected to the engine.

With the age of these cars tho, you may do more damage than good by ripping them due to dry rot. If its something youre really interested in, check out ZZP's poly mounts. Nice easy mod imo..
thx for that! ok... does it really make a difference that is worth doing then? Sounds to me like not!

Old 02-22-2020, 05:53 AM

Welcome to the forums.