Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

lowered car motor mount/dogbone question

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 03:11 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default lowered car motor mount/dogbone question

So i just bought prettymuch a brand new suspension system for my 03 SS (struts, strut plates, pogo eliminators, and eibach springs).

I've read everywhere that lowering causes vibration issues, and that shortened dogbones are the cure.

My question is, i've been wanting to upgrade my motor mounts to poly for a while, but always seem to forget when i order other stuff haha. I havent installed any of my suspension yet, waiting for a friend to help me out maybe this weekend. What is the best thing to do, so i can have all the parts ready to install all at once.

is it possible to have shortened dogbones with offset poly mounts? or would that be overkill anyways?
i was thinking just shortened dogbones with regular poly mounts, but then wouldnt that really be like just getting the offset mounts and just using the stock dogbones?

or should i just get the dogbones and flip the stock mounts?

any suggestions from anyone, especially if you have a lowered car and have tried any combo haha. im open to anything. Im looking for max power with minimal shaking while driving, preferably minimal shaking while at a stop too (but i think thats just asking too much). Just dont want to feel out of control while on the freeway or at high speeds.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-04-2009, 09:15 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: lowered car motor mount/dogbone question

I also lowered my car and had vibration issues while accelerating. I went to the junkyard and got a pair of dog bones from a Chevy venture van. Othe GM vans will work also just make sure they have the 3100 motor. $10 later problem was pretty much fixed.Now I just have very little vibration between 50 and 60 mph while on the gas.