New Member Area New to Monte Carlo Forum? Stop in tell us about you.

have had my car for about 2 years

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 12:03 AM
Default have had my car for about 2 years

so iv had this car for a while now and i dont like it its ugly and slow,, but iv decided since its mine im gonna start modding it,, iv always had a project and this has been my DD idk why chevy put ss on this car but i wanna make it fast and nicer looking i recently tinted tails and reverse and put lids on the headlights and painted the side skirts and bottom black going with a black and silver theme ,, gonna get the slp grill next and black the windows out then onto performance,,want to keep it NA just do some basic bolt ons and i want to cam it but not sure which cam is good i see diff ones have diff lobes and what not,, tried searching around not much on this car so figured id join the forum and see what everyone else is doing

Old 05-13-2012, 12:21 AM

Welcome to the MCF. I don't want to come off sounding rude or anything like that but you have pretty much told us you don't like your car very much. You have had it a while so there has got to be a flip side. Tell us what you like about your Monte Carlo. What year is it? What colors? What engine? How is it equipped? Is there another generation Monte you like better than the one you currently have? You don't seem to like your car, what would you prefer to have? Like the commercial says enquiring minds want to know.

We are a family forum of car enthusiasts. I for one favor Mopars and also own a Monte as well as some Fords and a Toyota. You don't have to love a Monte Carlo to be at home here, just a love of cars in general.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Welcome to the Forum..

Old 05-13-2012, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by 1SLOWSS
so iv had this car for a while now and i dont like it its ugly and slow,, but iv decided since its mine im gonna start modding it,, iv always had a project and this has been my DD idk why chevy put ss on this car but i wanna make it fast and nicer looking i recently tinted tails and reverse and put lids on the headlights and painted the side skirts and bottom black going with a black and silver theme ,, gonna get the slp grill next and black the windows out then onto performance,,want to keep it NA just do some basic bolt ons and i want to cam it but not sure which cam is good i see diff ones have diff lobes and what not,, tried searching around not much on this car so figured id join the forum and see what everyone else is doing

You must have got the S.S. model that means Super `Slow
You have the choice to keep it slow or make it fast...
It's yours......, make it/Mod `it.. the way you want it to `be...
"Love it, or leave it" or make it a Super Super Fast Monte Carlo... or a Super Show Monte Carlo ? or both...Your choice...it's your Monte Carlo!

Last edited by Space; 05-13-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

welcome to mcf, good luck modding your monte but i will say the only way to get any decent power out of the 3800 engine is to either sc or turbo. NA cars are slow and even with heads, cam, etc they will still never make over 240ish hp. you can top swap alone and be making close to that power or turbo alone and be around 300whp. just something to think about. but aside from that if you dont like your monte y not sell it to someone that does like it and get what you want? i see no wrong in my 04 turbo monte being a "ss" i think it fits the title quite well actually. just my .02

Old 05-13-2012, 09:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I have to say I find it weird you seem so dis-insterested/unhappy with the car and now you're going to start modding it. What made you decide you'll mod it vs get rid of it?

Old 05-13-2012, 10:02 AM

If you dont like it why waste time and money on it. sell it and get what you want, maybe a nice riced out import with a giant wing and fart cannon? Nothing makes a car go faster than a little paint and a new grill. I have a 3.1 96 and I love it, not for everyone though. I want a 02' or 03' monte, but its got to have a duck tail and be blue yellow black or red, and in good enough shape. I can get a good deal on some montes on craigslist but they have crappy custom paint schemes. I dont like the ford fous so Im not going to buy one and then try to mod it because I will never like it. Not trying to sound like a d*ck but liking a car is like a relationship...if you have to force it, its probably sh*t.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by zillatattoo
sell it and get what you want, maybe a nice riced out import with a giant wing and fart cannon?

Old 05-13-2012, 02:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by turbo monte
X2 LMAO

No reason to dump money into bolt on mods that will just leave you unsatisfied since your looking for something really fast. Needs to be boosted (sc or turbo) along with some bolt-ons for best results but if the cars ugly in your eyes I see no reason to keep it around.

Anyways, Welcome to the Forum

Last edited by 01 Monte SS; 05-13-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:39 PM

why bother even coming to this site, if you dont like your car then go home cause everyone on here enjoys theirs what a idiot

Quick Reply: have had my car for about 2 years