NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Tony Stewart Wins Bud Shoot-Out in his Monte Carlo

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Tony Stewart Wins Bud Shoot-Out in his Monte Carlo

[align=left]Kyle Busch led 39 of the 70 laps in the Budweiser Shootout but finished seventh.
Busch all smiles after Stewart pushes to win
By
Dave Rodman, NASCAR.COM[/align][align=left]and Professor Empty Space [8D]
February 11, 2007
12:06 AM EST
[/align]
[/align]
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Despite a wild, 180-plus mph slide through Daytona International Speedway's Turn 1 with less than seven laps remaining in Saturday night's Budweiser Shootout,
Kyle Busch's hair was straight again when he exited his Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet on pit road.
So was his relationship, he said, with third-time Shootout winner
Tony Stewart, who sent leader Busch on the wild ride that directly resulted in Stewart's win.

[/align]"I'm not mad about it -- I'll just go on and take my shots and go on to next week," Busch said. "It was definitely a handful. It was hair-raising; though it wasn't terribly hard [to save it] -- but it isn't something I want to do all the time.
"I'll go and shoot the [expletive] with him. I was in his motorhome for, like, two hours last night anyway -- so we're all right. I don't think he meant to do it on purpose. I think it just kind of happened."
Busch led the most laps, 39, in the 70-lap special event for 2006 Bud Pole winners and former Shootout winners -- but a two-tire gambit on a caution with 18 laps remaining might have been half the culprit that resulted in a seventh place finish.
"It was working pretty good," Busch said of his car down the stretch. "It wasn't the best of what it could have been -- I think those two tires probably hurt us a little bit. But we were trying something there; we took a chance and gambled on it.
"It's the Shootout, and we wanted to see what it would do. We didn't know if tires were going to mean that much, but [Stewart] had a little bit more maneuverability than me and especially when he got tucked up behind me, it took away all grip."
Stewart created the other half of Busch's dilemma with a loosen-him-up-and-rattle-his-cage move heading into Turn 1 on lap 64 that sent Busch sailing from the lead, to the top of the 31-degree banking and back to 10th place at the end of the lap.
Busch and Stewart not surprisingly had diametrically opposite views of the scrum, with Busch saying, "it was clear as day on the replay, which I just saw -- clearly contact."
"It's racing and it's a part of it," Busch said of Stewart's move, smiling all the while. "But the only bad part about it is he's the guy that complained [last year] we were going to kill somebody out here."
Stewart's comments came after a particularly wild Shootout, which was won by his Joe Gibbs Racing teammate
Denny Hamlin and which resulted in rules against flagrant bump drafting. (Continued)
[/align]Previous12Next
[/align]
[/align][b]"He wasn't on me hard," Busch said. "It was just a little bit, and just enough that I kept getting loose and kept getting loose. By the time you get so far, you're pretty much gone -- and I was able to keep it, thankfully for that."
Stewart repeatedly praised Busch for what the two-time Cup champion called "the best save I've seen in a

Old 02-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Default RE: `Free Track Pass Bud Shoot-Out

[align=center][8D]Has any member used Track pass before ?[/align][align=center]If so, what did you think ?[/align][align=center]Whose going to win the Bud Shootout ?[/align][align=center]The Daytona 500 ?[/align][align=center][:-]Go Chevy [:-][/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/FAA22818DB9F4AE98BD2EAD6C646AB7A.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-09-2007, 09:00 AM

I use track pass.
Its going to be upgraded this year....... So will have to see
As for who will win....
Tony but Im pulling for Denny as well...... re a repeat

Old 02-09-2007, 09:44 AM

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: Mrrench
I use track pass. Its going to be upgraded this year....... So will have to see
As for who will win....
Tony but Im pulling for Denny as well...... re a repeat
[/align][align=center]Hi Michael, Happy 2 see that U are pulling for Denny[/align][align=center][/align]
[/align]
I think he has the chance to be a future Champion in NASCAr
[/align]
Maybe, because he's around my age, but I would love to have his talent & position.
[/align]
I also like Carl Edwards, but he is driving a FORD : (
[align=center][/align]
It's going to be a interesting season.
[align=center][/align]
I will have to listen 2 it on the radio : ( I have to work..
[align=center][/align]
Thanks 4 your post...You are a great MCF member.
[align=center][/align]
[:-]Click 2 Go 2 Denny Hamlin site [:-]
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Dale, I'm gona Win [:'(]Jeff, no I am Jimmy, that's what U think : )
[/align]
[/align]

Old 02-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

if i was working that day it would be perfect...i would listen to that during the race..but i got the day off..so hopefully i can watch it @ home...

i'm pulling for jeff gordon to win (cuz he's my favorite) or if that doesn't happen then tony stewart

Old 02-09-2007, 10:45 AM

im going with GORDON aslo......allways will for every race

i like all the drivers but on my opinion i think DENNY. it was a horse shoe last season

hey but its nice for the FREE TRACKPASS

Old 02-09-2007, 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd
i'm pulling for jeff gordon to win (cuz he's my favorite) or if that doesn't happen then tony stewart

Sorry Josh, Wiz Kidd, but below is a Sneak Preview of the Daytona 500 Win : )

[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]
See what happens when I don't get any sleep : ) Go Denny : ) Sorry `Josh Wiz Kidd
Wish U a `Happy, Space : )

Old 02-09-2007, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member

lol...good pic space

Old 02-09-2007, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member

WIZ KIDD'S predictions for the daytona 500

heheheheheheheh lol

Old 02-09-2007, 11:43 AM

[align=center]Josh, Wiz Kidd[/align][align=center](that took some time Thanks 4 Sharing[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Great Post & Pic's, but Dreams are free [/align][align=center]It's great to have something 2 look 4-ward 2 : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below Image to see what Dale Jr & Jeff have to say [:-][/align][align=center][:-]Click it, don't be afraid [/align][align=center][IMG]local://upfiles/714/6B5F3A5265B64327B327AC12D280D330.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/1D77F7436E2A4C1A8B88AB78B41ECB82.gif[/IMG] [/align][align=center]Hamlin says: "While they are fighting, I'm Winning [/align]

Quick Reply: Tony Stewart Wins Bud Shoot-Out in his Monte Carlo