NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Talladega/Sun Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 06:23 AM

Thanks Cowboy `Duane for your time & dedication to MCF NASCAR

Congrat's `Jerry

Last edited by Space; 10-20-2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:08 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

IF anyone other than Brad K or Jeff Gordon wins the title, or maybe Kevin Harvick, then that's just screwed up. In theory, Carl, Denny, or even Ryan Newman could squeak out with the championship. That's not right. You all know I love Cousin Carl, but he hasn't been a championship calbier driver all year and all he did was just float in the back at Talladega and got through to the next round of the chase. Jimmie or Dale were legit contenders this year too.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:17 AM

Earnhardt, Johnson, Kahne bounced from Chase in painful day for Hendrick Motorsports

By Jay Busbee 14 hours ago From The Marbles

TALLADEGA, Ala. - Off in the distance, Brad Keselowski was performing his victory burnout on the Talladega asphalt, American flag in hand. Drivers and teams were beginning the walk -- long for some, buoyant for others -- back toward their haulers and planes. And over in a far corner of the garage, three Hendrick teams loaded up their cars in silence, readying for a long, long drive back north.

For the first time in NASCAR history, curtains are dropping on drivers no matter their regular-season success. And in this, the second round of eliminations, three members of NASCAR's reigning-champion team, saw their championship hopes end on an early, disappointing note.

Jimmie Johnson, six-time champion: eliminated. Dale Earnhardt Jr., three-time winner, including the Daytona 500: eliminated.

Kasey Kahne, one of the sport's most popular drivers: eliminated.

Johnson led the most laps on Sunday afternoon. Earnhardt spent time at the front and appeared to have a car capable of returning there before a late wreck destroyed his chances. Kahne had the most heartbreaking finish, being just inches from moving on ... though it would have been at the expense of Gordon:

In one afternoon, Hendrick Motorsports has gone from having every driver in the Chase to having just one, Jeff Gordon, with a shot at the 2014 championship. The grand Hendrick-vs.-Penske battle coming into this Chase now tilts decisively in favor of Penske, with Joey Logano and Brad Keselowski holding the advantage in both momentum and numbers against Hendrick.
"You just can't avoid it down here when you are running that close together," Hendrick said after the race. "It's just what you have to get used to. Accept it and move on. It's not easy."

What now? Gordon will obviously get all of the attention from the Hendrick brain trust; his results are the only ones that truly matter now. And, if needed, his teammates can help him without concern for their own finishes.
After the race, Earnhardt was surrounded by media, his back against his damaged 88. He answered question after question, but it was clear his heart wasn't anywhere near in it. After one particularly booming question about What It All Means, Junior's voice quavered a touch, like he'd finally had enough

"There's probably been worse things," he said. "I'm not retiring or anything ... I'm not going to get too tore up about it. I'll come back next year and try again."

Gordon, naturally, was more optimistic, pointing out that he's had strong finishes at all the remaining tracks. As for this particular track? "If I never have to come back to Talladega," he said, "I'll be fine with that."

The yellow line is how close Kasey Kahne came to moving on in the Chase by knocking out teammate Jeff Gordon.
6:20 PM - 19 Oct 2014
------------------------------
Congrat's `Keith

Last edited by Space; 10-20-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:16 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

And as it turns out, Newman was found to be too low on both sides in post race inspection and this could be as much as a 15 point penalty levied on the team. Would have ot double check picks to see if this would affect us or not.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
And as it turns out, Newman was found to be too low on both sides in post race inspection and this could be as much as a 15 point penalty levied on the team. Would have ot double check picks to see if this would affect us or not.

`Duane, from one cowboy to another "This could change everything" > Good catch > Hope it doesn't hurt anyone

Old 10-20-2014, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Brent may be excited to here I expanded my Goonyer diecast collection by 1 yesterday... found this little beauty for $3 at a big car show yesterday and just couldn't help myself...

They even had a Jimmie Johnson display car, Carl...

Sweet!!!!! Nice pic Duane, ty