NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Sprint Unlimited (Formerly Shootout Race)/SaturdayNight/Feb16

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 06:54 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I goy bored and started watching tge new bond movie on dvd

Old 02-15-2013, 07:00 PM

5 Year Member

Im sitting here with the gun experimenting and i can grab it and get on target quicker. My left hand isnt nearly as limp that way. its also the way bond is holding the ppk on the cover of skyfalll.

remember when sean connery could take on snipers sjotguns and machine guns from the hip with a .32 walther with a "delivery like a brick thru a plate glass window"..... Providing my 8 yr old niece fires throws the brick

Old 02-15-2013, 07:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Harvick was the man. Just looked at speeds. Been over working on Impala. Posted a couple new pics. Getting excited for tomorrow nights race.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Not sure if anyone is familiar with what the harlem shake is, but its something getting very popular on youtube right now with all kinds of people doing it, anyway jeff gordon decided to do one with pepsi.

Old 02-16-2013, 07:13 AM

5 Year Member

Classic NASCAR Photo of the Day

Today is the Sprint Unlimited!! (I still keep typing Budweiser Shootuot and have to clear it out...)

I've been holding on to this picture since before Christmas.

A got this photo from a guy named Jerry Bush, who had it in a collection of several shots taken that day. I do'nt know fi they're his originals or not. During the 1984 running of the "Busch Clash", when it was 25 lap race on a Saturday afternoon the day before Daytona 500 qualifying I believe.

Ricky Rudd was pretty beat up after this ride. His face was swollen so bad they had to tape his eyes open to run the Daytona 500 the next week. But he became known for his toughness after this accident.

Years later in teh2000's, Ricky Rudd became "Iron Man" with the most consecutive starts by a NASCAR driver in history, a record that stands to this day.

The moment captured, the angle it's captured from, and the clarity of this shot make ti amazing to me...

Name:  RUDDBUSCHCLASH84-1jerrybush_zps32fbf9c9.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  51.5 KB

Also, here are some other shots captured that day....

Ricky Rudd spent the rest of speed weeks looking like this...

Looks a little like Rowdy Burns in Days of Thunder, huh?

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 02-16-2013 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:08 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Im sitting here with the gun experimenting and i can grab it and get on target quicker. My left hand isnt nearly as limp that way. its also the way bond is holding the ppk on the cover of skyfalll.

remember when sean connery could take on snipers sjotguns and machine guns from the hip with a .32 walther with a "delivery like a brick thru a plate glass window"..... Providing my 8 yr old niece fires throws the brick
Watched skyfall the other night with the mrs... It was just... ok...

Old 02-16-2013, 08:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Classic NASCAR Photo of the Day

Today is the Sprint Unlimited!! (I still keep typing Budweiser Shootuot and have to clear it out...)

I've been holding on to this picture since before Christmas.

A got this photo from a guy named Jerry Bush, who had it in a collection of several shots taken that day. I do'nt know fi they're his originals or not. During the 1984 running of the "Busch Clash", when it was 25 lap race on a Saturday afternoon the day before Daytona 500 qualifying I believe.

Ricky Rudd was pretty beat up after this ride. His face was swollen so bad they had to tape his eyes open to run the Daytona 500 the next week. But he became known for his toughness after this accident.

Years later in teh2000's, Ricky Rudd became "Iron Man" with the most consecutive starts by a NASCAR driver in history, a record that stands to this day.

The moment captured, the angle it's captured from, and the clarity of this shot make ti amazing to me...

Also, here are some other shots captured that day....

Ricky Rudd spent the rest of speed weeks looking like this...

Looks a little like Rowdy Burns in Days of Thunder, huh?
I think he looks more like Howdy Doody...
I was watching that race... That day!

Old 02-16-2013, 09:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Cool shots Duane. I wonder if they would clear a driver today if they had to tape his eyes open.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:27 AM

5 Year Member

"Clear a driver for racing" was not in NASCAR's vocabulary back then.

Old 02-16-2013, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Not sure if anyone is familiar with what the harlem shake is, but its something getting very popular on youtube right now with all kinds of people doing it, anyway jeff gordon decided to do one with pepsi.

Harlem Shake (Jeff Gordon Edition) - YouTube

Ahh you beat me to it :p. Only Jeff can pull that off

Quick Reply: Picks/Sprint Unlimited (Formerly Shootout Race)/SaturdayNight/Feb16