NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Sprint Unlimited (Formerly Shootout Race)/SaturdayNight/Feb16

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 08:44 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2015
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My Picks

#1 Dale Jr #2 Kyle Busch #3 Harvick

Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
I haven't really followed much and it's been getting kinda boring the last few years for me.
Exactly how I feel... although I will always watch the Daytona 500.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:03 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was surprised I missed twice too.... it was about 10-12 ft I think. I couldn't seem to get the 14....

I went first for the 99 and got it.... then I went for the 18 and got the 22... then I went for the 14 and missed. I reloaded and went for the 14 again... missed again. When I reloaded and went for the 18, I got it....

Destiny and poor skill kept me from getting Tony Stewart....

Old 02-15-2013, 04:05 PM

5 Year Member

Does any of this redeem my shooting reputation?

I had hit the top right target earlier.... one 13 round mag. I just can't seem to handle the pressure of a camera!

The reasoning for teh suit is that I had just got back from a day of teaching Reconstruction at the high school... didn't bother changing clothes. do'nt know what that is on my lapel.

So far as my shooting goes... I justify myself this way. I said I was going to go for the 14, 99, and the 18. I got the 18 and the 99. 2 out of the three. The circles were about the size of quarters. I was man enough to post a video of me not doing too good. I could have kept redoing it until I got it right, but I did it once and was done.

And, as also stated in the video. I just got the gun a week ago.

Here is the plate with a quarter for reference.

Name:  102_6432_zps42021f85.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  39.8 KB

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 02-15-2013 at 04:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 05:38 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think you need to be more relaxed while shooting, your arms seem to be extended a little to far out. Relax, get loose and let er rip man........

Old 02-15-2013, 05:41 PM

5 Year Member

So is it kind of like when you first start driving and you hold your arms too stiff? im actually doing some hand gun training in the morning

Old 02-15-2013, 05:46 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Something like that, a class is a good way to start!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Actually Duane:

If by chance you have the occasion to have to use it....

First and foremost, Never stand directly faceing your opponent...

Always always be standing left foot forward...right foot almost directly behind the left... In other words stand almost sideways... The smaller the target you are the less likely your gonna get hit by the opponent/offender.

Your extending your arms way to far in front of you.... always keep your elbows somewhat bent.. (relaxed) position.
Standing sideways will also help you to not over extend...

Lastly....

The grip with both hands is somewhat correct...
As your left hand is gripping around and under the trigger guard..., Its almost like a golfers grip (not necessarily little finger thumb interlock) If you can get comfortable interlocking a cpl fingers (left with the right)...

Youll find when you squeeze the trigger.(you wont be pulling downward on the trigger when you squeeze 1 off).. in other words,you wont be shooting in a downward pattern.... In that hand hold, grip position....It locks your wrist and it lessens the recoil effect to allow you to stay more in position to your previous shot....
Like allowing your fingers(left hand) to fit in the postion between the knuckles on your right hand In other words left over right to the spaces between the knuckles...

I hope thats not to confuseing...

Actually the first video on your second post useing the 9....
You had a decent area grouping....

I think my advise should zero you in..shooting a much tigter pattern and a closer grouping!

PS:
I learned this from a friend whos a professional target shooter...

Last edited by STUMPMI; 02-15-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 06:12 PM

5 Year Member

I was taught the "crossed thumbs" way on a full seze s&w and that jyst doesnt work too well on a subcimpact. I wasnt exactly sideways but i did have one foot forward and my feet pointing at the targer. i hope i will be better tomorrow afternoon!

Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I was taught the "crossed thumbs" way on a full seze s&w and that jyst doesnt work too well on a subcimpact. I wasnt exactly sideways but i did have one foot forward and my feet pointing at the targer. i hope i will be better tomorrow afternoon!
Try it like I explained:

The crossed thumbs...IMO... still doesnt lock the wrists to alleviate the downward result on the trigger pull...

If anything with the smaller size firearm....
Should make it easier to almost interlock the fingers or between knuckle grip... I explained.... It may take a few rounds to get comfortable with that style of grip... But I expect it shouldnt take very many to start to see your results improve with much tighter patterns/groupings.

Hope it helps Duane!
Am I the only one watching cups 2nd practice?

Quick Reply: Picks/Sprint Unlimited (Formerly Shootout Race)/SaturdayNight/Feb16