NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Shootout/Sat. Night

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012 | 01:13 PM
5 Year Member

1. Dale Jr.
2. Kevin Harvick
3. Jeff Gordon

Old 02-12-2012 | 01:42 PM
|

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

I'm really interested in seeing how this whole "pick the same driver twice" mentality works out. This could be very interesting. I'm surprised a fwe people are doing this with the unpredictablity of Daytona looming. After we get passed Daytona, I may do it.

I'm contemplating making a rule change after the race that you can't pick the same guy 3 times... other than that, pick a guy twice but you have to have at least two different drivers...

Or... I could just leave it like I've made it now so picking the same guy three times is your strategy.

Old 02-12-2012 | 02:54 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Daytona & talladega its risky but im prob gonna atleast pick a driver twice for most races if we keep it

Old 02-12-2012 | 03:16 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

I'm not really into this new rule change, but if the majority favors it then I'm with it. I'll have to make some picks this week sometime, still to early for me....

Old 02-12-2012 | 04:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

I think the new rule is lame. For example, the race could end exactly as SupplySgt called it: 1. Dale Jr. 2. Kevin Harvick 3. Jeff Gordon. He'd have made 3 amazing picks and I will have beaten him by picking Junior thrice.

Old 02-12-2012 | 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I think the new rule is lame. For example, the race could end exactly as SupplySgt called it: 1. Dale Jr. 2. Kevin Harvick 3. Jeff Gordon. He'd have made 3 amazing picks and I will have beaten him by picking Junior thrice.
You can never go wrong with picking Jr Three times lol

Old 02-12-2012 | 04:16 PM
|

5 Year Member

That's all part of the strategy, Brent. If Jr wrecks, SupplySarge walks out of here with poitns while you walk out with like 5 points.

This lets you make an "all in" move by picking one driver three times, bet heavy on a driver by taking him twice, or play it safe by taking three drivers. Before ,everyone had to "play it safe." Plus, sometimes guys know two guys they definitely want to pick and tried hard to figure out that third guy. I see that your'e saying figuring out a third driver was part of the strategy too, but now you have to decide if you want to go for that third guy or take the other ones twice.

Old 02-12-2012 | 04:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

1. Dale Jr.
2. Jeff Gordan
3. Tony Stewart

Old 02-12-2012 | 04:46 PM
|

5 Year Member

Alright... I've got my scheme for picking drivers figured out for this time around. I might be in trouble if I'm to stick by my guns. The video is uploading, it hsould be up an in an hour.

And if this idea is bad, how come I've got only 1 vote from Brent saying it is bad? Chris, I see you don't liek it. I would still like to try to get some people weighing in on the topic!!

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/na...try-yet-34078/

^LINK!!^

If it works like crap this week, we'll drop it. I also reserve rights to drop the rule mid year.

And with the unpredictability of racing, I don't really see how picking 1 driver 3 times is going to help you out in the points very well.. it will win some races I'm sure, but I just don't see it giving anyone very much consistency.

I also think the rule opens up the rules rather than closes them. I've always picked for consistency. Soem pick to win. This opens up the strategy to come down to those who choose for consistency and those who go all out trying to win races.

Brent, lets say the race ends the way you said. If you chose Jr three times, and he won the race, you just took the ultimate risk that I just mentioned, and it pays off for you. For that, you deserve the rewards for going "All in" and deserve to beat out over Supply Sgt. However, if in the other scenario that Jr runs mediocre or is tied up in a big crash, SupplySgt is going to reap the rewards of picking three consistent picks while Brent is going to be left at the tail end of the pack.

So far, Brent is the only one going with the same guy three times. Several of you are taking a driver twice. I'm interested in seeing how this works out when the race starts. If Harvick and Jr take each other out, we're going ot have a lot of people crying around here....

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 02-12-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2012 | 04:52 PM
|

5 Year Member

Also, since NASCAR.com does not report laps led on non-points races, you will not get points for your drivers leading laps unless I can see them reported. Otherwise, you're oging solely for finishing position... which makes sense, since that is what this race is all about.

Quick Reply: Picks/Shootout/Sat. Night