NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Daytona/SatNight

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
bblackstone, ask NASCAR how they can tkae points away from a car that had not even turned a practice lap..... that's what they did to Jimmie Johnson at the Daytona 500... an official walked by, saw the problem, and then said "That ain't right" and they ended up putting tha 25 point fine on Jimmie.

The only fair way for me to do this is to issue any points fine to you as well. If he gets it, you're getting it....

I refer to the rules, #6 in the "MCF NASCAR Fantasy LeaguE Rules and Procedures thread...

6) Any penalties that any of your picks earn points wise for the entire year will also be taken away from your own points. This includes any comments made by your driver that end up in points deductions, such as when Jr. cursed in victory lane and was docked points, or any points deductions due to illegal parts on your choices car, such as when Clint Bowyer was docked 150 points at New Hampshire in 2010. Any penalty involving probation or money only will not result in any points loss.

For all rules, you may visit this thread...

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/na...cedures-25693/

As far as I am concerned ,there is nothing to argue. We had this discussion earlier this year over the Jimmie Johnson situation and Hunter. Although NASCAR may be inconsistent and even unfair in how they do things, the only way for me to be consistent is to penalize each penalty NASCAR gives to the MCF members as well. If I start saying "well taht's a fair penalty" and "that's not a fair penalty", then I put myself in a situation where I look like I am playing favorites and in a position where I have to bend my own rules.

If you chose to stand by Tony, you know the consequences. That's all I have to say.
Your right and thats fine. We had another rule that did not sit well and it was changed. Im not saying any thing except. The rule needs to be looked at. I am in some other fantasy leages with less desireable rules than are here. I do this for fun So no big deal. Il stick with 14 and you can take all the points you want. After all its the rules and I just do this for fun.

Old 07-06-2012, 11:47 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Are the facts too confusing or am I too confusing?

Rick did win our last restricter plate race at Talladega here on the MCF NASCAR Fantasy.
NO YOUR NOT or the FACTS. Just what everyone is thinking GEEZ. I refuse to read it all any more

Old 07-06-2012, 11:54 PM

1 Year Member

OK Final picks for Daytona July 7 2012............88 / 24 / & Carl Edwards

Old 07-07-2012, 12:14 AM

1 Year Member

Duane: A little history from me. It was 1967 late in the summer. I was watching some racing Not sure if it was Nascar back then or what. BUT! During the commerical They showed the 1968 Ford Torino GT fastback. Stopped me dead in my tracks. A week later while at work. I saw a poster of one. Sooooo I went into the office and talked to the salesmen from our Company. We did 90 % of our work for FORDS. So any officer of the CO could get the employee discount. Since I was in charge of the shipping dept. ( only one back there) . He agreed with me and have me paper work to fill out. I went a bought a RED Torino fastback 289 2 bbl ( had a young family. The car had all black interior with Bucket seats. I bought SS Cragars all the way around and put on NIce sounds mufflers. LOVED that car. Rick

Old 07-07-2012, 07:29 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I know you told me you had that car, and you told me how something happened to it and you ended up with a coupe later on. I never heard the story of how you got it though. So you were one of the first, eh?

I did some thinking over night... heck if Stewart wins the race, it might be worth the 6 point penalty or 10 point penalty or whatever NASCAR comes up with if you take someone in his place who ends up crashing. I do'nt know if this penalty is worth 25 points or not.... but it's always a risk, I guess.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:07 AM

5 Year Member

It's race day, guys!!! So the theme for today is some racing action....

Here is a scene from the 1969 Daytona 500. I wonder with all those empy seats if maybe this was the qualifying race.

Cale Yarborough and Lee Roy Yarbrough ready to go out for the 1969 Daytona 500...

Not sure which race this is. Smokey Yunicks black #13 Torino (driven by either Al Unser or Suede Savage, depending on which race this is), leading Lee Roy Yarbrough through the tri oval in 1969 as they cut throug hlapped traffic.....

Lee Roy's Mercury in Daytona 500, 1968.

And David Pearsons '69 Cyclone for the '71 Daytona 500.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Changed mine, got rid of Tony. Taking no chances. I am out of the running, so looking for a win. Hunter or myself is gonna take it tonight.

Old 07-07-2012, 11:41 AM

Kenseth
Johnson
Dale Jr

Old 07-07-2012, 12:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think its highly unlikely that Nascar will penalize Pony any more. They kiss that guys a$$ all the time. The whole Talladega fiasco with Regan Smith is proof. They will change rules on the fly and endanger drivers to silence Pony and his radio show. That ridiculous call would not have been made had that ended with any other driver. And even Newman pointed out how ridiculous it was to let Pony get away with shooting his mouth off about restictor plate racing (after the last Talladega race) when Newman himself was secretly fined for saying less last year. They would never try that secret fine crap with Pony and he's gonna skate this penalty too.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:10 PM

5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I think its highly unlikely that Nascar will penalize Pony any more. They kiss that guys a$$ all the time. The whole Talladega fiasco with Regan Smith is proof. They will change rules on the fly and endanger drivers to silence Pony and his radio show. That ridiculous call would not have been made had that ended with any other driver. And even Newman pointed out how ridiculous it was to let Pony get away with shooting his mouth off about restictor plate racing (after the last Talladega race) when Newman himself was secretly fined for saying less last year. They would never try that secret fine crap with Pony and he's gonna skate this penalty too.

You know, you're probably right about that.

Quick Reply: Picks/Daytona/SatNight