NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Daytona/SatNight

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 08:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That was an awesome race (even if it didn't go my way) and I doubt very much that the Sprint Cup race can live up to that! Johanna Long had a crack at that one by the end! Awesome finish....

Old 07-06-2012, 08:57 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yes she sure did...

Im not a kurt busch fan...However...its a chevrolet in victory lane!

I hope this isnt an indicator of tomorrows cup race!

But Danica sure hit that wall hard!.....

She had a real fast car for sure....

Old 07-06-2012, 09:01 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member

Why was Joey racing to the line for the spot when he isn't points racing anyway? Or half those cars that just plowed across the line.... gee wiz. Damagin that car can't be worth the extra money of those few spots.

I'm not too worried about my pick.s.. someone tooko Biffle, Kenseth, and Gordon... a little worried about that guy if Gordon beats Hamlin, but as far as I can tell, I've got the rest of you turkeys covered for tomorrow night.....

Went to a cruise in tonight in Roxboro in the 100* heat and I'm looking forward to going to another one tomorrow night in Clarksville, VA, where they close the streets. My Ford and I will be there and I look forward to watching those Fords get me a win tomorrow night.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:11 PM

5 Year Member

ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO PICKED TONY STEWART

Don't say I didn't warn you. Everyone who picked Tony Stewart needs to read this article.

Dillon, Stewart have qualifying time disallowed - Jul 06, 2012 - NASCAR.COM

If Tony Stewart gets a points penalty, you will get the same penalty. We agreed early in the year when Jimmie got that penalty over some BS at Daytona that the people who picked him still get the penalty. For me to be fair and consistent, every one of you who took Pony will get the penalty.

Whether or not we take the win or not will depend on if they take Stewarts finishing position. If they take his finishing position, I will take your win. If they let his position stand, I'll let your stand... but I'm going to get your points. I knwo there are a few of you, so make your beds and lay in them....

Old 07-06-2012, 09:14 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Why was Joey racing to the line for the spot when he isn't points racing anyway? Or half those cars that just plowed across the line.... gee wiz. Damagin that car can't be worth the extra money of those few spots.
If it ain't my car, I thinkin' about every spot counts and what's more fun. Race! Nobody (who crossed the finish line) should be upset with the outcome. I think Dillon hestitated at the end and it cost him

Old 07-06-2012, 09:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
If it ain't my car, I thinkin' about every spot counts and what's more fun. Race! Nobody (who crossed the finish line) should be upset with the outcome. I think Dillon hestitated at the end and it cost him

agreed....

Old 07-06-2012, 09:21 PM

5 Year Member

"Hey, this is a good car, I think I might save it for Talladega or some other high banked fast track, instead I'll risk 2 finishing positions, to charge at a car that's sitting in the tri-oval, becasue I want to finish 6th and not 9th, and risk injurying myself, the guy in the other car, and everyone around me."

If it's for a win, okay. But that was just stupidity. If it was Jack Roush, your @$$ would be in the shop fixing the car Monday morning with the fabricators. The cars are so safe, no one thinks about the other mans well being anymore.

I sent a PM to everyone who picked Tony Stewart, that's 6 members. Plus, I'm posting the warning as the header for thei nitial post too.

Old 07-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

edited by zjerry; Today at 09:47 PM. Reason: replace Tony with Jeff ... <!-- / edit note -->
<!-- controls -->

Old 07-06-2012, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
ATTENTION EVERYONE WHO PICKED TONY STEWART

Don't say I didn't warn you. Everyone who picked Tony Stewart needs to read this article.

Dillon, Stewart have qualifying time disallowed - Jul 06, 2012 - NASCAR.COM

If Tony Stewart gets a points penalty, you will get the same penalty. We agreed early in the year when Jimmie got that penalty over some BS at Daytona that the people who picked him still get the penalty. For me to be fair and consistent, every one of you who took Pony will get the penalty.

Whether or not we take the win or not will depend on if they take Stewarts finishing position. If they take his finishing position, I will take your win. If they let his position stand, I'll let your stand... but I'm going to get your points. I knwo there are a few of you, so make your beds and lay in them....

How can they or our system take a race win away from a driver that goofed in qualifying? He was sent to the rear. Thats all they can do to him besides points removal and a fine. The points they remove are not from the race but the total from the season so far. Now if he wins and has an infraction yes loose the points also. But how can you take points away for what he did in qualifying? If somebody looses points for punching an official after the race. Do the people who picked that driver also pentalised? The race results and infractions need to be seperated from all and any other nonsense they pull. Only what happens during the race and post inspection should count against the driver and who picked him. What if you pick a driver that later during the race was found guilty of a rule on saturday like leaving a wrench in the hood or something goofy like that. Do the ones who picked him also loose the points even though it happened days before? The race is the race. We pick for the raceand what happens there and the results of it. I disagreed with taking points from Jimmy then and the ones who picked him and I stay true to my beliefs. I'm sticking with 14 and our rules are wrong.

Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 PM

5 Year Member

bblackstone, ask NASCAR how they can tkae points away from a car that had not even turned a practice lap..... that's what they did to Jimmie Johnson at the Daytona 500... an official walked by, saw the problem, and then said "That ain't right" and they ended up putting tha 25 point fine on Jimmie.

The only fair way for me to do this is to issue any points fine to you as well. If he gets it, you're getting it....

I refer to the rules, #6 in the "MCF NASCAR Fantasy LeaguE Rules and Procedures thread...

6) Any penalties that any of your picks earn points wise for the entire year will also be taken away from your own points. This includes any comments made by your driver that end up in points deductions, such as when Jr. cursed in victory lane and was docked points, or any points deductions due to illegal parts on your choices car, such as when Clint Bowyer was docked 150 points at New Hampshire in 2010. Any penalty involving probation or money only will not result in any points loss.

For all rules, you may visit this thread...

https://montecarloforum.com/forum/na...cedures-25693/

As far as I am concerned ,there is nothing to argue. We had this discussion earlier this year over the Jimmie Johnson situation and Hunter. Although NASCAR may be inconsistent and even unfair in how they do things, the only way for me to be consistent is to penalize each penalty NASCAR gives to the MCF members as well. If I start saying "well taht's a fair penalty" and "that's not a fair penalty", then I put myself in a situation where I look like I am playing favorites and in a position where I have to bend my own rules.

If you chose to stand by Tony, you know the consequences. That's all I have to say.

Quick Reply: Picks/Daytona/SatNight