NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Daytona 500/Sun.Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Default 14 48 24

If the 14 is in the same position as the shoot out. He will block hard for the win or leave the field on the hook. 14 wins his first daytona 500 in his 14th try.

14 48 24

a Hendrick equipment show

Old 02-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Just read this on nascar.com...... maybe, maybe not, but I have the day off tomorrow.....

"According to a little birdie at NASCAR the race is now set for tomorrow just after 12pm. Steady rain is forecast all evening so NO RACE under the lights is happening. The 'announcement' at 4pm is just there to sucker in viewers!"

Old 02-26-2012, 04:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

Noooo!! This is the worst thing that ever happened to me! They have officially postponed the race until noon tommorow. The forecast calls for even more solid rain then tho...

Old 02-26-2012, 04:13 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well guys, like many of you, I have to be at "work" tomorrow student teaching. I probably won't be back until sometime aroudn 3:00-3:30. My parents will DVR the race for me though and I can watch it next weekend. I'll be here to calculate the points though shortly after the race, I believe.

Since the race will be run a little after 12:00, I'll open up the picking window until a little after 11 tomorrow morning.

And as Brent stated, they are calling for rain again tomorrow, and it should start clearing tomorrow night. I'd just as soon it rain tomorrow if I am to be selfish. I'd like to be able to watch the race. I'm always looking for something to do on Monday evening...

Old 02-26-2012, 04:51 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Crap. I was really looking forward to today's race too. At least I'll be able to watch it tomorrow.

I know many people are picking Danica in hopes of a surprise showing at Daytona. Many people in our nascar pool at work picked her also. Personally, I just don't think she's a major contender yet. She is still very prone to wrecking. Whether it's her fault or not, is not the issue.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:07 PM

5 Year Member

You know, NASCAR moved this race back a week. It used to be run on Presidents Day Weekend in the US for 20-30 years there. Then they moved it up a week to tighten the schedule, taking out that off week like 4 weeks into the season. Anyone think this is natures way of saying we want to start the NASCAR season earlier?

Old 02-26-2012, 05:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

It was a stupid move to make. I think there is some concern about competing with the Oscars for tv tonight, even tho I wouldn't watch the Oscars at gunpoint. They won't get much for tv ratings tommorrow either.

I'd centainly like it to be later so I can atch it live. I have Nascars TrackPass and it'll only be synched with tv if it live. I can't use it watching on DVR.

Old 02-26-2012, 05:38 PM

5 Year Member

It was basically going to rain all night. NASCAR really made the rihgt call. No sense in keeping everyone on edge all night wondering if we are going to race today or not. It's kind of like Atlanta last season. Their best chance is really tomorrow night.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
It was a stupid move to make. I think there is some concern about competing with the Oscars for tv tonight, even tho I wouldn't watch the Oscars at gunpoint. They won't get much for tv ratings tommorrow either.

I'd centainly like it to be later so I can atch it live. I have Nascars TrackPass and it'll only be synched with tv if it live. I can't use it watching on DVR.
I forgot about the oscars. I don't watch them either. But no doubt it'll have an effect on the tv ratings for Daytona. At the risk of sounding sexist, I think it'll affect the female viewers most. Not too many guys are into both, nascar and the oscars. But I'll leave it at that.

I can appreciate the tradition of having the race on presidents day weekend. Even though it may be a bit early for most nascar fans in the northern states and Canada.

Yes, delaying today's race sucks. But it would suck even more to constantly stop and start the race and drying the track. We all want to see an all out race. No excuses.

Edit: Just thought of something. The oscars and daytona wouldn't be on at the same time anyway, right? Not that I care. I don't watch the oscars anyway. A bunch of millionaires congratulating each other at how good they are at playing pretend.

Old 02-26-2012, 06:58 PM

Lou, Ryan Newman is the same way on restrictor plate tracks. For some reason, as DW says, he's just snakebit on those tracks and has the worst luck with getting caught up in wrecks, most of the time not his fault.

Quick Reply: Picks/Daytona 500/Sun.Afternoon