NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Picks/Daytona 500/Sun.Afternoon

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
1. Kyle Busch
2. Tony Stewart
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
These are my official picks, no changing.....

Old 02-26-2012, 12:40 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I dunno. Do you really wanna leave Peblo on the shelf?

Old 02-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
I dunno. Do you really wanna leave Peblo on the shelf?

Shut-up man..... J/K Brent, but 10+ beers tonight and you aint getting me to change now...........

Old 02-26-2012, 01:03 AM

15 Year Member

Would take me at least 100 beer to rally behind Peblo...

Old 02-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Watching fox and they're already advertising for the race time to take a stab at things and see how i do in the forum league

Jeff Gordon
Danica Patrick
Matt Kenseth
just making a note that i changed my picks around

Old 02-26-2012, 07:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I deleted the last 4 posts. We need to get this thread back on track and keep it that way. What drivers do in their personal life and who they date are their own business. We WILL keep this thread gossip free. Unless it has to do with the race directly, it will be deleted. This is a car forum, not a gossip forum. Got it?

Last edited by RocknSS04; 02-26-2012 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:24 AM

15 Year Member

Looks like rain is going to be a thing today. They may struggle the whole day just to get the race off. Tommorows forcast in Daytona is no better. I hate it when these half-assed races get off with them half run under caution. Nothing anybody can do about it...

Old 02-26-2012, 07:57 AM

Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Tony Stewart

Danica Patrick

Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Three hours to go. Chris, I'd like you for you to pick one of those sets. I'm taking it you really want he first set and then put the next set up since you're a Harvick fan and wanted to show some support somehow. Any time I get multiple sets of picks from someone (which happened somewhere one year, someone picked twice), I either take the first set that is posted in the post (which is what i did with Space when he posted his "Who I think will win" and his "Who I want to win" sets), or I take the most recent picks made before the race started. For instance, in the COPD300 yesterday, I would have taken the picks Brent made before the race started and ignored what he posted after the race.

As far as the new rule, you could call the easier scoring a "positive externality." That bit "externality" is an economics term for an unexpected or sometime unwatned side effect of an action. For instance, if you buy a home and decide that you want a very pretty yard and clean looking house, and regularly pressure wash it, trim the hedges, plant trees, and keep your lawn looking like a golf course, you may inadvertently raise the value of your home. You really just wanted a pretty house, but as a positive externality, your property became more valuable.

A negative externaltiy would be something like bringing in a new factory that brings jobs to the community, but as a result, rbings about a lot of pollution and the trucks coming in and out of town tear up the highway gonig to it.

Now aren't you glad you woke up this morning so you could be educated like that?

But anyway,s the rule was really made to give you guys more freedom to strategize and make picks, not less freedom or to make scoring easier. Once again ,the easier scoring is just a positive externality. It allows you to decide if you want to chose three drivers who you think will all finish well, double down on one driver, or go all in with who you think will win. It's a high risk, high reward situation that you ahve to decide for yourself if you want to be a part of.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:50 AM

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622

As far as the new rule, you could call the easier scoring a "positive externality." That bit "externality" is an economics term for an unexpected or sometime unwatned side effect of an action. For instance, if you buy a home and decide that you want a very pretty yard and clean looking house, and regularly pressure wash it, trim the hedges, plant trees, and keep your lawn looking like a golf course, you may inadvertently raise the value of your home. You really just wanted a pretty house, but as a positive externality, your property became more valuable.

A negative externaltiy would be something like bringing in a new factory that brings jobs to the community, but as a result, rbings about a lot of pollution and the trucks coming in and out of town tear up the highway gonig to it.

Now aren't you glad you woke up this morning so you could be educated like that?
That definitely goodered my brain and will help my thinkings up

Quick Reply: Picks/Daytona 500/Sun.Afternoon