NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

NASCAR Rac'in: August 15,16, 2009 : )

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 04:45 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

and brian vickers couldn't make it to victory lane!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
and brian vickers couldn't make it to victory lane!!!
,,,Chris, but he was first to cross the finish line Brian Vickers is the Winner I'll drink 2 that : )
2nd Sprint Cup win in his Career

Joey Lagona finsihed 7th....The kid is the future : ) I think he is doing super for a Rookie : ) Got 2 watch `out 4 those kids : )

Last edited by Space; 08-16-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I did not pick Jr - I did him that favor! I really thought he was going to get that one. I was furious as soon as Martin did not pit on the last caution as I really think that cost him the race. He would have come out of the pits good on gas, tires and ahead of Junior. I'm sure he and Jimmie Johnson would agree that was a bad call. I'm really nervous to see Martin back in 12th in the points now, but Kyle Busch has his hands full back in 15th now. Ha!

I'll congratulate Vickers! He won my heart pissing Kyle Busch off and passing him in the points!

I will be going to Bristol myself for the next week! I will be there for all 4 major division races. I will be camping and this may very well be my last post, but we aren't Leaving until very early Tuesday. Tomorrow will be a busy day for me. I've never been to Bristol but its one of the ones I want to see the most. Unfortunately this road trip will not include the BudChev, which will remain at home. Even worse, I'll be going in a '04 Toyota Sequoia borrowed from my brother-in-law to tow my brothers trailer. Its not a bad ride for a Toyota, but I'm a little embarrased. We didn't trust my brothers '99 Blazer or my '95 Bronco with the trip. I hope no one makes us for Kyle Busch fans!

Old 08-16-2009, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member

so i go from watching a great race to watching a fantastic golf match!! tiger woods is actually getting some competition this week!!! Y E Yang just took the lead away from tiger!!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member

i would love to go to bristol, it is one of the best tracks to go to!! it is on my list! i've been to dover a few times, once to pocono and once to daytona for the 500, it was rain shortened!! which sucked big time! i came back to a ton of snow here in pittsburgh that year!!!!

Old 08-16-2009, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member

after the race i watched some golf and check this out, a great day for golf, for those who follow it!

By Jay Busbee

Betting against Tiger Woods winning a major he's leading after three days is like betting the sun won't come up or betting that water isn't wet. Coming into today, Tiger was undefeated -- 14-0 -- when leading a major after 54 holes.
Make that 14-1.
In what must rank as the greatest upset in golf history, Yang stared Tiger in the face and did what nobody -- not Phil Mickelson, not Vijay Singh, nobody -- has ever been able to do: run down and pass Tiger for a win at a major. And Yang did it in fine style, eagling No. 14 to take the lead and carrying a tree at 18 in what has to be one of the greatest approach shots under pressure that I can imagine. Seriously, can you think of another?
Let's run down what, until now, had been considered golf's most unbelievable wins:
• Jack Fleck took down Ben Hogan in the 1955 U.S. Open. Hogan was seeking his fifth Open title; nobody outside of the Fleck family knew who Jack was. And until Sunday, it was the greatest upset in golf history.
• The unheralded Larry Mize upset Greg Norman and Seve Ballesteros in the 1987 Masters, highlighted by an astonishing fairway chip-in on the final playoff hole. Mize won only four tournaments in his entire PGA career, but he'll be remembered for that one green jacket.
• Hillary Lunke has exactly one win on the LPGA Tour: a U.S. Women's Open win in 2003 over Annika Sorenstam, then the No. 1 player in the world. Not only is it her only win in her career, it's the only top-10 she's ever carded.
• Francis Ouimet, a caddy, won the 1913 U.S. Open in Brookline, Mass. at his own course, winning in an 18-hole playoff over Harry Vardon and Ted Ray. It was the ultimate underdog story, like "Rocky" if Rocky had actually won.
John Daly, the eighth alternate, came from nowhere and won the 1991 PGA Championship, forever altering both his life and the game of golf.
But this one tops them all. Tiger had been unbeatable, and not only did a 37-year-old journeyman with one PGA win beat him, he did so decisively, staring down Tiger and forcing him into shot after uncomfortable shot. This was flawless, this was perfect, and even Tiger must surely appreciate the relentless way in which Y.E. Yang won this major.
It was a fitting finish to a major season that produced no household-name winners, but ended up being one of the best in many years. Four majors, four impeccable storylines. So what if the heroes didn't end up winning? It was a great ride, wasn't it? And Yang's victory was the perfect capper.
____

Old 08-16-2009, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member

wow even the toughest can be tamed, tiger was 14 for 14 after leading 54 holes, he finally got beat! this gives everyone hope!!

Old 08-17-2009, 06:21 AM

Yang: LoL, I got Tiger's Ball

Tiger: "Hey, I have a ball missing, He took my ball lol
it's just getting there, & being there ~> that's important.
EnJoy your `Journey
4-Sure

Old 08-17-2009, 07:11 AM

Source: NASCAR.com

Fueled for a Chase run

Jimmie Johnson ran out of gas but Brian Vickers did not. Vickers' fuel strategy at MIS resulted in his second career win as he closed within 12 points of the Chase.

Michigan: Results | Standings | Video: Vickers visits SPEED | Shop: Vickers gear!
Brooklyn, Mich.
Cloudy 73°
Forecast

Fuel gamble fails, Martin falls to bubble

Crew chief Gustafson said it all after 31st-place finish: "I blew it."
Lap-by-Lap: Michigan

Junior backs up words at Michigan

Doesn't gamble on fuel mileage, charges to third-place finish.
Press Pass: Junior

Race Rewind: Watch condensed version

Relive all the highlights of the Carfax 400 from Michigan Int'l Speedway.
Press Pass: Vickers

Victory Lane: Vickers celebrates at MIS

Talks about fuel-strategy call and getting the win for his Red Bull team.
Post-Race Reactions

Final Laps: Coasting home to victory

Brian Vickers conserves enough fuel to win the Carfax 400 at MIS.
Logano on his finish

Press Pass: What a difference at MIS

Runner-up Jeff Gordon talks about his great finish in the Carfax 400.
NASCAR's tough guy

Double trouble: Cut tire and brake line

Contact by Kasey Kahne brings problems for Juan Montoya at MIS.
Busch, Ragan wreck

Dodge boss excited about racing future

Mike Accavitti says manufacturer in NASCAR to stay, and win.
MIS lowers tix for '10