NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

If you were the big cheese of Nascar

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Post If you were the big cheese of Nascar

What would you change or bring back from old Nascar to revamp Nascar to where it used to be?

Sure Nascar is still huge today, but I think it was better in some cases 10-20 years ago. I mean dont get me wrong, i thought 2010 and 2011 was one of nascar's best seasons, and this years Chase is shaping up real exciting (probably because Jr has a shot of winning his first championship).

But what would you change to make Nascar better?

I would get rid of the top 35 qualfying rule. And make qualifying Go or Go home for everybody. Thats right. Come Homestead, Jimmie Johnson or Jr might not even make the race.

I would also free up some rules such as boys have at it. And I would allow passing under the yellow line at Dega and Daytona.

In terms of tracks i would get rid of New Hampshire, California, Dover (I know im alone in not liking Dover, but Martinsville/Bristol and Richmond are better IMO). Kansas and Homestead.

I would add Gateway, Road America, Montreal, and another superspeedway.

Also I think it would be epic to have a Talladega night race as the last race of the year, instead of Homestead. Call it the Cluster**** 500 lol. We all know Dega throws a wrench into everything, so a guy 4th on back in the chase could possibly win the championship if the big one was too happen.

Maybe even make it more international such as a race or two in F1 tracks in Europe like Monza, Spa, or Suzuka, Japan.

Also bring more manufacteurs from other countries, such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Nissan, Lamborghini or whatever.

I know some of these might take away from Nascar, but it could add more drama I think.

How about you guys?

Last edited by SSmeansSuperSexy; 08-29-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 PM

on superspeedways the plates would be gone the chase would be 15 races not 10 more road races and superspeedways races 2

Last edited by monte06ltz; 08-29-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:26 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well let me pick through this.....

I think the car is the big thing that needs to be changed. And we're changing ti next year, so lets see how that goes.

I think we need to get that top 35 rule out too... look what it did at Martinsville, put that jackass David Reutimann clinging to a race car that shouldn't ahve been on the track and landed us in two green white checkered finishes.

I think passing under the yellow lien at Daytona/Talladega should only be allowed on teh White Flag lap.

New Hampshire should lose a race, California track will probably be taken in eminent domain abuse in 5-10 years, Dover is a great track that just can't get the attendance and will probably lose 1 race, and I think between the three, either Kentucky, Kansas, or Chicago shoudl lose a race. How the hell Kansas got a second is a mystery to me...

As far as tracks to add.... I can go with Road America and Montreal. I wonder if we should do Sebring in Flordia, maybe even end the chase there. That is a great race track for a stock car, grand am cars run really well there.

Talladega is a joke and I don't necessarily think it belongs at night. The two car draft, the tandem racing..... it should be in the chase as a little microcosm of the race season..... but not necessarily the last race.

I don't think we should allow too many more manufacturers in the sport. Those cars you listed run sports car series, grand am, trans am, whatever.

NASCAR has tried the whole international thing... the post-season races in Japan those two years were big, but they were also more fad-ish than anything, they were neat at the time, but after a while, those poeple go back to doing whatever htey were doing anyway and forget all about NASCAR.

And yeah, there were dangers... but my biggest thing eliminate freezing the field!!!

They have all these issues with that freezing the field.... where was this car when, controversy over who was in front at which scoring loop.... just go back to racing to the line and let the "gentlemen rules" take effect again. Also, do away with the Lucky Dawg rule. Drive your damn race car.