NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

How NASCAR Race Cars Work ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: How NASCAR Race Cars Work ?

[align=center]
NASCAR Car Numbers
[:-]Click for car #'s [:-]
http://www.nunyah.com/nascar/nascar_cars.php[/align][align=center][/align]
Grandpa `Dave, I know what I miss, that you will post : )
[align=center][/align]
LOL ~ LOL
[align=center][/align]
Thanks for your post & question.
[align=center][/align]
I know, but I want someone else to post `it : )
[align=center][/align]
That's a kewl ?
`Space ~> out
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][/align][/align]

Old 08-20-2007, 01:54 PM

Ricky Rudd: “I’m not willing to make those sacrifices for that full-time schedule anymoreâ€

Ricky Rudd[/align]While waiting out yesterday’s rain, 50-year- old Ricky Rudd announced that he would retire at the end of the 2007 season.
[*][align=center]Read full article [/align][*][align=center]0 Comments [/align][*][align=center]Share [/align][ul][/ul][align=center][/align]
Denny Hamlin Breaks Open Two-Car Duel With Matt Kenseth To Win NASCAR Busch Series Race

CIA Stock Photos[/align]After a cycle of green-flag pit stops 15 laps beyond the halfway point in Saturday’s CARFAX 250 at Michigan International Speedway, Denny Hamlin broke open a two-car duel with Matt Kenseth to win his second Busch Series race of the year and the fourth of his career. [/align]
[/align]

Old 08-20-2007, 02:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: SpaceRider

[align=center]
NASCAR Car Numbers
[:-]Click for car #'s [:-]
http://www.nunyah.com/nascar/nascar_cars.php[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Grandpa `Dave, I know what I miss, that you will post : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]LOL ~ LOL[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for your post & question.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I know, but I want someone else to post `it : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]That's a kewl ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space ~> out[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][/align][/align]
Good try friend, but the link doesn't roll back to 1973!!! LOL!!

Old 08-20-2007, 02:43 PM

[:-]I was gona wait 2 post, but you had to down me, so here it is : ) [:-]

This Chevrolet Chevelle Laguna #12 NASCAR racecar was built and raced by Bobby Allison. In 1973, the car won Riverside and also finished 7th in the Grand National Championship Points in the 1973 Winston Cup Series. This car was last driven by Bobby Allison at Talladega in August of 1974 and finished in 3rd place. In 1975 at Talladega, the car was driven by Neil Bonnett and finished 35th.

This car is restored to the 1974 Laguna Racing trim with the original 427 aluminum heads. After that year of racing the 427 engines, NASCAR required the teams to go to a smaller engine size. 1974 was also the first year of the Dry Brake replacing the Gas Cap and the first year of totally slick tires by Goodyear.

The car was sold to Digard Racing in 1976 where Donnie Allison raced it. It was then sold to Jeff Handy and was driven by Buck Baker, Buddy Baker, Elmo Langley, and Richie Panch.

The #12 Chevelle still has the original serial number B.A. 312-5. The B.A. stands for Bobby Allison and the 312 stands for his birthday of December 3. The 5 indicated this was the fifth chassis of that particular wheelbase built by Bobby Allison Racing, Inc. of Hueytown, AL.[/align]The Chevelle was introduced on September 26, 1963 as a mid-sized vehicle for the Chevrolet fleet. It was basically a smaller version of the Impala.
Muscle cars were associated with small vehicles with low weight and very few amenities but large amounts of horsepower from massive engines. The entire Detroit market had been stricken by creating faster, more vehicles. The Chevelle flirted with this definition but went a step farther and added versatility and convenience. When introduced in 1963, its 327 cubic-inch V8 engine producing 300 horsepower was no match for the 389 cubic-inch V8 that the Pontiac GTO concealed under its hood. In the years that followed, Chevrolet would answer the challenge with larger, more powerful engines.

The Chevelle was built atop a new A-frame platform and had a 112 inch wheelbase. The suspension was unequal-length double wishbones in the front and a 4-link live-axle rear suspension. The vehicle could be ordered in 2 or 4 door bodystyle. The base model was the 300 series while the Malibu SS was the top-of-the-line model.

During the 1964 model year, over 76,800 Chevelle SS's were produced. Two engine sizes were available, the 283 and 327 cubic inch. Horsepower ranged from 195 through 300 depending on the engine and configuration.

The muscle car market was beginning to heat-up and Chevrolet needed to prove that they still had what was needed to compete. In 1965, Chevrolet unleashed a limited edition 396, known as the Z-16 package. The 201 examples that were produced featured 375 horsepower, highly-modified suspension and power-assisted steering, and anti-roll bars in the front and rear. The gear ratio on the Muncie 4-speed transmission was raised from 3.31 to 4.56. The 283 and 327 cubic-inch engines were still available. The base engine still produced 195 horsepower while the top of the line Z79 327 was now producing 350 horsepower. Production was down by over 4000 SS's from the previous year, now at 72,500.

Chevrolet was catching up in the horsepower battle. In 1966, the 283 and 327 cub

Old 08-20-2007, 06:19 PM

You are the MAN or should I say SpaceMan my friend. Did Grampa help? (r,d,&h or run, duck, & hide).

Old 08-20-2007, 06:20 PM

Easy question to Google, what did Bobby drive in 1972?

Old 08-20-2007, 06:24 PM

Answer: Monte Carlo
It was when I first fell in love with the car.

This picture was taken at the 1972 Riverside Winston Western 500.
He won this famous road race with no 1st or second gear during the second half of the race.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 PM

Here is the last race he completed before thebig accident at Pocono.

Nice Buick Regal huh? Unfortunately, it was the last race he ran with his son Davey.