Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The government should do this

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Default The government should do this

Like a lot of folks in this country, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.
In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem.
What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their ***, doing drugs, while I work. . . Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Old 12-27-2007, 06:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: The government should do this

hm.... good idea there monte mom... i'll give you one icame up with as well,maybe you and I should run office!!!!

this may sound cruel at first, but think for awhile. people on welfare should not be allowed to vote. thats it. if you're on welfare, being supported by taxpayers who are working, while you sit at home, you will not vote. heres the reason: who do you think tehy will vote for? naturally, the candidates who promise more benefits to welfare.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:54 PM

I am pretty much in the same boat as you, Sandi, but why stop with welfare recipients? I say if you are in ANY job or situation that is paid for with tax dollars, from the lowestclerk all the way to the President, EVERYBODY should have to take random drug AND alcohol tests.
You might see laws change quick, fast, and in a hurry if some of the politicians, judges, lawyers, teachers, cops, firemen, etc, etc, etc, were subject to the same degrading treatment they expect the common folks to endure. And don't stop there, test EVERYBODY, and I do mean EVERYBODY, that receives any type of government money, from little babies all the way up to invalids in nursing homes. You've got to make sure little Kevin and Aunt Mabel aren't under the influence of SOMETHING THAT'S ILLEGAL. And don't forget about all those college students with grants and loans. Want your money? Pee in the cup first, please!!!
Don't get me wrong here, I don't condone illegal drug use or alcoholism, I just think it is humiliating to have to go through these BS drug and alcohol tests. They make me feel like a criminal, guilty until proven innocent. Just for example, I have to pass the same requirements that railroad engineers and truck drivers do, which is .004 for the breathalyzer, and God help you if you have any drug that isn't covered by a prescription in your system, then you are truly hosed.
This is part of the reason "The War on Drugs" is such a dismal failure, and will never work, now or ever. The folks making and enforcing these sweet little requirements don't have to abide by those same requirements. Neither do most of the "counselors" at the drug and alcohol rehab places. They are free to do all the drugs they want, and drink as much as they want, at the party they went to last night, because THEY don't have to worry about that random drug/alcohol test they might get in the morning.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:01 PM

Old 12-27-2007, 11:21 PM

There are rows upon rows of little white crosses in National Cemetery's in Washington and in France where the dead bodies of an American Heros lay who sacrificed their lives so people could be free ... and NOT have to **** in a little cup against their will ... for any reason!

Don't start trampling on The Constitution and The Bill of Rights.

Have your grandfather or father explain to you why they fought the wars that filled those Cemeteries ... and see if he'd **** in a cup for a job application.

If owning a Monte Carlo is going to have people think I'm crazy ... I'm washing it and putting a For Sale sign on it!

Old 12-27-2007, 11:50 PM

well im not sure whats goin on...y did monte mom edit her posts?

Old 12-28-2007, 04:55 AM

Old 12-28-2007, 12:14 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Did I come in, in half the story again?I can only see half the thread? Sandi's posts are missing???????????

Old 12-28-2007, 03:36 PM

I also am confused... why edited?

Old 12-28-2007, 04:19 PM

Not sure why Monte Mom removed her comments, but the general idea was that anybody that receives welfare should have to pee in a cup to get their checks.......

Quick Reply: The government should do this