NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

Coke Zero 400 Daytona International Speedway 7/3/10

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Montelicious
I can be your Race Buddy!

you're crazy Lisa

oops, didn't mean you're crazy, just a figure of speech!!!!!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

Me not crazy............sometimes

Old 07-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

yes, yes, yes, Kevin Harvick gets the win, SWEET, yes it was great!!! hell yes, sweet win for him! I love it

Hell yeah

Old 07-04-2010, 01:57 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Couldn't have said it better myself monte carlo 3831. Is it to soon to hope for a championship this year

Old 07-04-2010, 04:55 AM
Cool

Autostock
The race got rough late with four cautions in the final 30 laps due to major crashes.
Harvick hangs on for the win in wild one at Daytona

Second consecutive July race won by the polesitter

By Sporting News Wire Service
July 4, 2010
03:35 AM EDT

type size: + -
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Kevin Harvick started up front and finished up front in Saturday night's Coke Zero 400 at Daytona International Speedway, but what happened in between was a maelstrom of frenetic racing after a series of late-race accidents.
Streaking into the lead on the first lap of a green-white-checkered-finish, Harvick held off Kasey Kahne, Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. to win the rain-delayed Cup Series race.

Coke Zero 400

Results

Pos.DriverMake1.Kevin HarvickChevrolet2.Kasey KahneFord3.Jeff GordonChevrolet4.Dale Earnhardt Jr.Chevrolet5.Jeff BurtonChevrolet• Results | Laps | Video | Photos

With more than half the field eliminated or hobbled by a series of spectacular accidents, Harvick crossed the finish line a car-length ahead of Kahne and solidified his hold on the top spot in the Cup standings.
Jeff Burton ran fifth, followed by Carl Edwards, Kurt Busch, Reed Sorenson, Mike Bliss and Scott Speed.
The victory was Harvick's second of the season and the 13th of his career. Gordon moved to second in the standings, 212 points behind Harvick. Earnhardt's fourth-place result put him back inside the top 12 with eight races left before the Chase field is set Sept. 11 at Richmond.
Contact from Sam Hornish Jr. sent teammate Kurt Busch into the Turn 4 wall on Lap 159 to set up the two-lap dash to the finish.
Even with his sizable points lead, Harvick wasn't ready to say he should be favored to dethrone four-time defending champion Jimmie Johnson.
"I think until somebody beats him -- until we get to Homestead [the season finale] and that happens, he's still the guy to beat," Harvick said. "For us, we've got to keep working hard. We're in a fortunate position with the start to our season, and we've got to keep working on our cars and trying to make things better, and hopefully, when the stress starts with 10 weeks to go, we'll be as ready as we've ever been."
NASCAR red-flagged the race for more than 20 minutes with 12 laps remaining after a colossal 20-car chain-reaction collision in Turn 3 strewed debris all over the race track. Mark Martin's Chevrolet sustained the most spectacular damage, with the driver of the No. 5 bringing his flaming car to pit road before members of Jimmie Johnson's crew helped him escape from the car.
Among those whose winning chances were destroyed in the wreck were Johnson, Tony Stewart, Juan Montoya, Joey Logano, Brad Keselowski and Ryan Newman.
TNT analyst Kyle Petty called the wreck "the official first fireworks of the Fourth of July," since the incident occurred just after midnight.
David Stremme's spin through Turn 3 on Lap 136 provided an opportunity for pit stops with 23 laps left in the race. Kurt Busch won the race off pit road, but the field couldn't complete a full lap before a crash involving Matt Kenseth and Elliott Sadler slowed the field for the fifth time.
That was just an appetizer, however, for the wild melee that followed on Lap 148.
David Ragan turned sideways in Turn 3 and triggered a Lap 117 wreck that demolished the car of Daytona 500 winner Jamie McMurray and damaged the vehicles of Martin Truex Jr. and Kahne, who slid in oil and hit the wall behind the collision. The wreck knocked Truex out of the race, but Kahne recovered to run in the top 10 before finishing second.
"You had to be aggressive and drive your car sideways all night long," Kahne said. "That's just the way it was. I felt like I had one of the best cars from start to finish -- even hitting the wall I still felt like we had a great car. It was just a wild race. I really enjoyed it."
After climbing to second in the Cup standings, Kyle Busch had his third consecutive star-crossed run. Contact with Montoya's Chevrolet on Lap 104 sent Busch's No. 18 Toyota -- leading the race at the time -- nose-first into the backstretch wall. Busch finished 40th.
The 18 different leaders Saturday night were a record for the event.
Notes-n-Nuggets

• This is Kevin Harvick's 13th Cup Series victory, tying him for 51st all-time with Denny Hamlin, Dick Rathmann and Tim Richmond.• This is the eighth time in 52 races the summer Daytona race was won from the pole.• Four of the past six summer races were won from the front row.• Kevin Harvick's past three victories have came on restrictor-plate tracks. • Kevin Harvick has top-10 finishes in the three restrictor-plate races in 2010.• This is Richard Childress Racing's 91st Cup Series victory and fifth at Daytona.• Kasey Kahne (second) has scored top-five finishes in three of the past four races in 2010. This is Kahne's best Daytona finish in 14 races.• Jeff Gordon (third) scored his fourth consecutive top-five finish, extending a streak that began at Michigan.• Dale Earnhardt Jr. (fourth) has finished 11th or better in the past four races in 2010 and finished in the top five in both Daytona races this season.• Carl Edwards (sixth) has posted top-10 finishes in four of his past five Daytona races.• Kurt Busch (seventh) has posted top-10 finishes in six of his past seven Daytona races.• Bobby Labonte finished 16th in his 600th career Cup start -- his best finish in 2010.• Kevin Conway (14th) scored a career-best Cup finish at Daytona.• Powered by Racing Recall

Old 07-04-2010, 07:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

MAN! I fell asleep and went to bed about half way thru. So MY GUY Happy Harvick WINS this thing!!!

I predicted Harvick to win from the pole, followed by Kyle B and Jeff Gordon. LadyT picked Gordon in her fantasy league, so she did good.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014

I am so glad it was a RCR win weekend! I was a big fan of THE MAN since 1987 when I got into Nascar. Saw him in that sexy black #3 at Dover downs and I was hooked! After his passing I kept with RCR supporting Kevin AND Steve, Jr. and of course Mikey! And Steve was in the race last night!! I met them all in person and got their autographs except for Jr...I have downsized my collection quite a bit and stopped trying to keep up with all the 1/24 die cast. I sold alot of stuff this year. Anyway I am still mad I missed Jr.'s win but got to see Kevin win!!! I could go on and on about Nascar stuff and places I went etc.......for another time maybe...

Lisa