NASCAR Racing The worlds largest professional racing series. Are you a fan? Discuss all things NASCAR here.

~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: 07 NASCAR CUP PREDICTIONS ?

he's been getting a lot better though...lol...

i think its dumb that 2 teammates took eachother out of the race...but its over now

Old 07-09-2007, 01:47 PM

Wonder what Tony will say tomorrow night on his radio show about it....
Gibbs pretty much said that everything is ok,
But I would be welling to say once the boss gets both of them behind close doors
It will be a different story

Old 07-14-2007, 08:30 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Member's... it's Prediction Time:
[align=center][/align]
Choose the Top Three in tomorrow's Race
[align=center][/align]
Win/Place/Show
[align=center][/align]
[:-]
[align=center][/align]
[:-]Chevy in the Lead [:-]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
CIA Stock Photo
Casey Mears Takes Pole Position For Sunday’s NASCAR Nextel Cup Race At Chicagoland Speedway
“I’m happy to get my first pole here with Hendrick Motorsports in the National Guard/GMAC Chevrolet, “ Mears said. “It’s just awesome. “
[*][align=center]Read full article [/align][ul][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sudden Turn In NASCAR Season Keeps Fans on The Edge of Their Seats
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]CIA Stock Photos
By Jeff Owens
It started at the Coca-Cola 600 with Casey Mears scoring his first career victory. The next week Martin Truex Jr. visited victory lane for the first time. [/align][*][align=center]Read full article [/align][ul][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center]NASCAR Chicagoland Pre - Race Notes and Quotes
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]CIA Stock Photo
Heading to Chicagoland Speedway, the teams that ran well a few weeks ago at Michigan International Speedway should be strong again because it’s a similar track, even though it’s a half-mile shorter.
Fuel mileage played a role in the outcome at Michigan so you can’t necessarily look at the finishing order. You’ve got to look at how the teams ran. [/align][*][align=center]Read full article
Get the -- NASCAR Nextel Cup feed for your website.
Feed | RSS[/align][align=center][/align][*][align=center]Casey Mears Takes Pole Position For Sunday’s NASCAR Nextel Cup Race At Chicagoland Speedway [/align][*][align=center]Sudden Turn In NASCAR Season Keeps Fans on The Edge of Their Seats [/align][*][align=center]NASCAR Chicagoland Pre - Race Notes and Quotes [/align][*][align=center]Matt Kenseth - Chicagoland NASACR Pre Race Notes and Quotes [/align][*][align=center]Casey Mears: “We’ve got a shot at the pole here. We’ve got a real good shot at itâ€[/align][ul][/ul][align=center]more...[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Hendrick: ‘Our No. 1 expenditure … is people’ [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][*]

Old 07-14-2007, 08:35 AM

Stewart’s reaction to wreck still an issue

CIA Stock Photo[/align]Jul 14, 2007
DAVID POOLE, charlotteobserver.com: “Definitely,†Hamlin said Friday at Chicagoland Speedway when asked if he’s disappointed at how Stewart blamed Hamlin for the crash, which happened with Hamlin leading and Stewart running second.
“Even if it was a situation where I had wrecked him from behind, he still probably shouldn’t have thrown me under the bus as far as he did,†Hamlin said. “I was the guy in front. It was a little bit of disappointment, so that’s why I’ve taken this week to kind of calm down.â€
Darrell Waltrip from Fox Sports: Doing the HotPass telecast was interesting. I was following Stewart, and you call the race like a No. 20 fan. I was able to talk with Tony after he and Denny Hamlin crashed, and I got some of his insight. After talking with Tony for a little while, all of the sudden, it clicked that the same thing happened to him in February.
In the Daytona 500, he was coming off of Turn 4, got a little loose and probably got out of the throttle a little bit. Kurt Busch took himself and Tony out of the race. I think Tony started to recall that incident. It was obvious, watching him on camera, that some of his anger had diminished.
On his weekly satellite radio show, Stewart said he had not yet talked with Hamlin but that he and last year’s top rookie have a good relationship. “Oh, yeah. And the thing that people didn’t understand about the deal the other day is I remember when we were in Sonoma [last month] and he had just won the Busch race at Milwaukee and I put a note on his door just telling him that I was proud of him and he did a good job with the circumstances that happened there,†he said “I love the kid like a little brother. There’s not any animosity from that. It’s just as tough as the competition is and the way that some of the things happen during the weekend and early in the race like that, I think there’s ways that we can work as teammates better ... But we’ll get all that stuff figured out. And that’s just part of being young teammates. I mean, we’ve only worked with each other a year and a half.â€
Associated Press via ESPN
Denny Hamlin was leading the race going into Turn 4 of the 2.5-mile track when Joe Gibbs Racing teammate Tony Stewart bumped him from behind in what NASCAR calls the no-bump zone. Hamlin almost saved his car, and then Stewart bumped him again to start a multi-car wreck that sent both to the garage. Next thing you know, Stewart is on television blaming Hamlin for the accident. “All of a sudden he just stops on the exit of Turn 4 and in front of 42 cars and he can’t expect all of us to drive around him,†Stewart said. “He just wrecked two really good race cars. >ESPN

Old 07-14-2007, 12:38 PM

Matt Kenseth
Jimmy Johnson
Martin Truex

Old 07-14-2007, 02:32 PM
5 Year Member

Jeff Gordon
Jeff Burton
Kasey Kahne

Old 07-14-2007, 03:28 PM

Space Picks
1. Denny Hamlin
2. Carlo Edwards
3. Kasey Kahne
* Jeff'ie DNF [][X(][]

Old 07-14-2007, 03:52 PM
5 Year Member

boo!!! @ space!!! GRRR!!! :-p lol

well denny's gotta make up his points some how i guess after his dnf last weekend
but gordon did get his points lead back

who's this carlo guy? lol, is it edwards mexican brother??

Old 07-14-2007, 04:11 PM

Mod `Wiz Kidd,
I thought I would get a PM from you about [:@]J.G. : )
Yes, he's related to Montoya : )
I knew U would catch `it.
Watch'in Denny H.now on the Busch Race @ Chicago : )
Carlo Edwards is leading the points in Busch : )
I'm sure Jeff G., will do good 2morrow, he always does : )
I just want him 2 learn to `share

Old 07-15-2007, 06:18 PM
Default RE: - MCF `07 NASCAR PREDICTIONS ?

[align=center]WINNERS 1,2 & 3 @ Chicago[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]1. Tony Stewart[/align][align=center]2. Matt Kenseth[/align][align=center]3. Carl Edwards[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Members, how did you do in your pick's[/align][align=center]What member came the closest ?[/align]

Quick Reply: ~ The End : ( NASCAR 2007 ~